Why can you end the Nod32 process?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bbplayer, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbplayer

bbplayer Registered Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Shouldnt this be a no no? I can control alt delete and just end the process for nod32... Shouldnt there be no access to actually closing out the processes? I imagine that might make it easy for a new virus to simply disable Nod32?
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello !
    NOD32 consists of two components -> User Interface and Protection service
    User interface is nodkui.exe , the Protection service is nodkrn.exe . The interface is the Control Center which you see on your system tray . From the Control Center you just say what settings NOD to use , the protection is working in the background without you noticing it

NOD32 works as a service in Windows . As soon as a Windows service is disabled , Windows starts it again which means that if you disable NOD32's protection nodkrn.exe , it starts again as soon as possible you remain protected ;)

If you disable the real time protection AMON it would be user's fault because of that action . Anyway , if you ask if virus can disable NOD32 ... less malware try to do it , however they wouldn't do it the way you try (via Win Explorer) . There are/were some viruses/malware trying to disable NOD32 however they are all detected proactively so you are protected :thumb:
  3. Steph11111

Steph11111 Registered Member

Dec 3, 2006
    That's right, I can stop nod32 from the task manager.(if I disable the process guard protection)
    Nod do not ask for any password.

EDIT: I did not read your answer HiTech_boy, but

Is it really enough?
  4. Supersnake

Supersnake Registered Member

Jul 12, 2003
    A most minor correction to HiTech_boy's always invaluable information.
    The service is nod32krn.exe
  5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I don't want to argue ,guys , I have done this numerous times including some minutes ago . It was disabled via the End Taks button and automatically re-enabled (nod32krn.exe started again) after no more than one-two seconds

Yes , it is . As you may have noticed , NOD32 service starts again if accidentically disabled . If some malware tries to disable it , it will not be able to because NOD32 will detect it and delete it long before it can even try to say "hi" . And yes , it is enough , in my opinion .

Something should be well-understood by people .
    The human is the smartes creature on that Planet . If somebody really wants , they can do everything to destroy a program/operating system ,etc... NOD32 is well-protected against incidents (malware or human incidents) but if you try to intentially harm it, of course nothing will be able to stop you , at least you are the admin/Owner/ of that computer

Regards! :thumb:
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2006
  6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thanks ! :thumb:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.