Who is fastest for adding detection?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Durad, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Medank

Medank Registered Member

what i really like with Avira is that if i subimit samples to them through their online submission the samples sometimes is added after some hour.

and what i really LOVE with avira is that they say the detection-rate is coming first 1 important and second other features, while example Norton and BD 1 it's important the tuneup and backup and second detection rate, that's why i like avira,

2. Netherlands

Netherlands Registered Member

Avira only makes definition updates at day time (Europeen time) (between 8:00 en 18:00). In the night as far as i know everyone is assleep at the Avira Lab. I'm from holland and have the same time zone as Germany so not realy a big problem.

3. Medank

Medank Registered Member

well i hope they will change this, i mean they don't have to update every hour but sometimes on the day and 2 or 3 times at night it would be perfect.

I hope Stefan Kurtzhals will see this.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I doubt it's his call as to the scheduling.

5. Zombini

Zombini Registered Member

Well that pretty much kills it for Avira has far as response times go. Sow what your saying is that for 14 hours a day there are no updates. So there Response times could be as long as 14 hours ?

6. Netherlands

Netherlands Registered Member

Yes, Not to mention that in the weekend (saterday and sunday) there are often also nog updates.

Here you can find a Excell sheet with response time for a couple of virusses (it is dated! 2005)

http://www.av-test.org/down/ms05-039.zip

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.