Who installed Windows 7 Sp1 and how did it go?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by robinb, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I still haven't updated. I'm still downloading the package that contains all SP1 installers (also for Windows Server 2008 R2), whenever I can. Then I'll slipstream into DVDs/ISOs with the Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 DVDs/ISOs.

After doing that, I'll install in virtual machines to test my applications. If all goes well, then I'll be upgrading performing a clean install of Windows 7 SP1. I'm not in a hurry. Most likely, I'll only upgrade within a month or something like that.

2. phrode

phrode Registered Member

We are having some problems with SP1. We are running Windows 7 Enterprise 32 and 64. Getting the error "WindowsUpdate_80070490" "WindowsUpdate_dt000".

MS say's it might be caused by antivirus sf.

Trying some diffrent soultions now. All get back later with info...

3. xandros

xandros Registered Member

windows 7 sp1 very good no problems

4. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

Me! W7 Home Premium 64 bit. No problems

5. shoe

shoe Registered Member

6. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

7. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

Excuse me,may I boot my computer in "Safe mode with networking" to download and install W7 SP 1 to avoid high memory usage?

8. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I installed SP1 in one system, without actually deploying it to a testing system first, and all went 100% fine. Applications seem to work as they should... I'm keeping an eye on it, though. :D

Windows Vista SP1 was a pain in the neck, and I was actually forced to do a clean install back then. Windows 7 SP1 was really peachy.

9. robinb

robinb Registered Member

on another note, i installed ie9 (32bit and 64bit on my 64bit machine). I am finally impressed. It only took 9 versions for microsoft to get it right. It loads real fast, it closes real fast. It opens pages super fast. Unfortunetly it is only for windows 7 but it is really quite cool. Has some neat features also. Hopefully it will not be hacked into too soon so i can tell my clients to use it. It actually seems to work better than Firefox 4 which has a problem opening pdfs in XP. On some computers pds will not open at all and on some when you click on a link from your email and it opens the browser to open the pdf nothing happens. I did a google search and it seems lots have this same problem. But getting back to ie9 again Micrososft you finally got it right- only took you 9 browsers to figure it out :)

robin

10. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

W7 Pro x64.
    SP1 no problem.
    However, I did have a problem the first time I installed SP1 and then a day or two later Picpick updated itself and when I clicked on 'Read me' I experienced a fatal error BSD.
    However all I had to do was restore an image to get going again.
    Installed SP1 again and no problems.
    Don't know if I'll ever update Picpick.
    No other problems with SP1.
    Hugger

11. J_L

J_L Registered Member

You don't have to click Read me then. Not updating your software is never a good idea, unless it's not possible or the older version is better.

12. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

I did download and install it as soon as it was made availible. I did not turn out good. First my computer did not start. I hade to use the cd to make a system restore. After the system restore was finis.....

Ahhh I am not a good storyteller.

I did download and I did install it without any problems whatsoever! W7-64bit Home Premium.

13. SplinterCell

SplinterCell Registered Member

So far I've updated 3- 64bit Home Premiums and a 32bit Home Premium to Sp1. All went very smooth and haven't had any issues. :thumb:

14. karad

karad Registered Member

I tried last month to update to SP1 in all conceivable ways using all the best advice available,but no joy.
    I've come to the conclusion,supported by others on google, that it fails to install because i dont have the tiny 100/200 MB partition SYSTEM RESERVED on my HD.

I guess I disposed of that partition right at the beginning of my partnership with the then new Windows7-64 bit OS at the end of 2009.

Probably, when using PartitionWizard to split into 3 partitions, I came across this small partition I didnt know where it came from, and simply deleted it. (I used the beta from April2009 but dont remember it creating such a partition in a dual boot system).
    PartitionWizard perhaps provided to re-establish a boot order automathically , so I never realised about it being missing....

I dont think I'll try again with SP1, unless there is a method to put back again the small partition,which I REALLY DOUBT.

I think I'll carry on until I find some time, within 1-2 years time, to reinstall the system.

As I can still do all minor updates, i dont think there is any urgency:
    Comodo IS, Returnil and LTD account are enough to protect well,imho.

15. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

I would like to slip stream W7 sp1 into a 64 bit setup.

Where is a link to download what is needed?

16. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

http://www.rt7lite.com/ - you need Beta (Build 2.6.0) to do this if that is what you want. If not, not really sure what you are asking for.

17. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

I installed through windows update. It took 24 hours and 7 minutes to download and install. I am on a very fast connection. The install took about 2 hours, the rest of the time was downloading, so it said. It downloaded the entire package(61.3mb) in minutes but for some reason, TrustedInstaller had high CPU issues with it extracting/writing the files to temp folders in SoftwareDistribution. I lost the Aero look in the process. Looking in device manager shows that the OS had issues with the Microsoft blessed WDDM ATI driver that it saw fit to be the best for me. Resolution on the laptop was limited. I found another driver which installed and worked fine but still would not allow Aero which meant no custom msstyle. I think the problem with the SP1 ATI driver had to do with no monitor listing in device manager. During the install it was lost and I couldn't figure a way to get just the generic PNP monitor listing back in. I made a snapshot of SP1 installed and rolled the system back to pre SP1. I am happy without SP1.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  18. marc57

marc57 Registered Member

Installed it on Windows 7 H/P x64 with MSE and had no problems.

19. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

I think Windows 7 SP1 is wonderful. Great updates, effective, pretty, seemless. I like it more than Mac OS X in different ways. I'm running the 64-bit version and installed it from a USB stick by using the tool provided by M$ themselves.

20. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

During the installation,memory usage was very high and up to 90%+.After the installation,cpu usage is very high now whenever I open a program.Physical memory is not "Free" anymore(keep getting zero and my RAM working busy)Not good at all.Not smooth at all.Regret to download.

21. David BFPO

David BFPO Registered Member

hello,
    New to the forum. Running Windows 7 having issues with the
    windows updates, I did receive details (which I've forgot) on
    how to toggle smart security 5 beta as to allow updates.
    Got as far as open E.S.S 5 beta press F5 then toggle..??
    Any assistance appreciated for a Noob.
    Regards
    David

22. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.