Who gave me "start menu\ebay.lnk" with redirector to www.adon-demand.de?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by conservativeit, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conservativeit

conservativeit Registered Member

Hi,

I'm very conservative in installing software, i.e. if I install software with unknown trustworthiness, it will go to a virtual machine...

Yesterday I realized there is an "ebay.lnk" in my user Start Menu. It is a redirector to "adon-demand.de/red/12345" (don't know the number now). Also I realized, there is "%appdata%\Desktopicon" - no ebayicon.exe in there, but anyway...

Could this have been installed via the Firefox Plugin mechanism? I've got quite a few plugins... I know you cannot tell the cause, but however, I'm collecting ideas... Foxit Reader is not the cause, haven't installed it... Google is pretty poor on this.

Because I'm very conservative in things like this I'll probably re-install my OS then...

Best regards
    Michael

2. Get

Get Registered Member

3. conservativeit

conservativeit Registered Member

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I've seen the Google results with "unlocker", but unfortunately it's not the cause - I've never used it.

4. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.