Which version to install on servers?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by marley1, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marley1

marley1 Registered Member

So last week I installed 4.2 to all workstations and Mail Security 4.2 on a SBS 2003 setup, all seems good.

This week I installed 4.2 to all workstations and Mail Security 4.2 on a SBS 08 box, and I got a random 7F bluescreen last night after 1.5 day.

I have all the things configured through:
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2144
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158

I just uninstalled Mail Security on this server.

I do not really need Mail Security because most of my setups the software is passed through Postini.

What should I be installing?

2. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

We are currently running v3.0.695.0 on our Windows 2008 server boxes due to the fact that all 4.0.x versions crashed our 2008 server machines randomly (with all exceptions in place). Windows 2003 with 4.0.x have run flawless. I've been unwilling to even try 4.2.x yet on the 2008 servers as people get quite upset when file servers go down in the middle of the day.

I do have one less important file server running Windows 2008 R2 with v4.0.474.0 which has run flawless so far. It's been installed several months now and so far we are yet to have a lockup (knock-on-wood).

I did notice that you seemed to say you were running EAV 4.2 along with Mail Security 4.2. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe EAV is not needed when Eset Mail Security is installed on the machine.

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I've done 2x 4.2 Mail Security installs on SBS...one on SBS03 and one on SBS08. Over a month ago, so far..no problems. I have been holding back on all my server upgrades...rest of them all running on 2.7 still.

All of them follow these exceptions...as well as...I disable background scanning of the infostore, and I drop real time protection..extensions...from "all" to the default list.
    c:\inetpub\mailroot\badmail
    C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\***server name here***.log
    C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\conndata
    C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Mailroot
    C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata
    C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\srsdata
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business Server\Networking\POP3\Failed Mail
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business Server\Networking\POP3\Incoming Mail
    C:\WINDOWS\IIS Temporary Compressed Files
    C:\WINDOWS\NTDS
    C:\WINDOWS\ntfrs\jet
    C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\dhcp
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv
    C:\Windows\System32\ntmsdata
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wins
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSVOL\staging areas
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSVOL\sysvol
    C:\windows\temp\Frontpagetempdir
    ***drive letter and path***\ExchangeData

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.