Which one?? The ultimate poll!!

Discussion in 'polls' started by Daniel SR, Nov 5, 2003.

?

Which one??

1. Eset NOD32 2.0

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Panda AV Platinum 7.0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. NAV 2004

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. McAfee VS 8.0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Kaspersky AVPpro 4.5

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. eTrust AV v7

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. DrWeb 4.30

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. PC-Cillin 2003

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hi,
    I gave my vote to ESET NOD32 2.0, because I like many it, the guys at ESET are very good person, the antivirus is excellent, the detection too, and the heuristic is the best. The design is easy to understand and for manage, and NOD use less resources than any of the know antiviruses in the market today.
    Congratulations to the ESET team :D
    Best regards,
    A very happy client.

2. musicman

musicman Registered Member

On this issue I have installed on my pc F-Prot for Windows.......extremley light on resources....fast scanner and detects over 100,000 vrius...worms...various trojans and malicous scrpts....love it! :)

3. subratam

subratam Registered Member

hmmm... no doubt i LOVE AVG 7 Pro.. its great.. with lots of features.... cool one.. ya i love KAV too.. but not NAV anymre i use... dunno why i am gettin a lill too much contrary things bout it... oh... i was forgetting... command AV... dun anyone of u use it here??

4. Sumire

Sumire Registered Member

I vote for NAV2002, NAV is very good at detecting replicable malwares. I use NAV as a main resident anti virus scanner. I also use Antidote Super Lite as a secondary,on demond only scanner. Antidote Super Lite uses Kaspersky engine and definition files, in additon to that it need not install on your system. Antidote never mess up your registry and your system and it's free for personal use. :D I think it is the ideal back up scanner.

Best Regards

5. mklangelo

mklangelo Registered Member

I'm new in these parts. Didin't know this was old hat. I'm going to hold off voting and see the outcome. I'm evaluating Panda right now. At least it's a step up from my old AVG according to the reviews I've seen this site.

;)

Edit: As far as Panda goes, I think their active scan is pretty good. It's some pretty "sensitive" hueristics.

6. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

i go anywhere and download anything. i rufuse to be a prisoner in my own house. Have had dozens of viruse blocked and at least a dozen get through....

...from that experience i say

- NAV 2003 is quite good. it seems to me that they ignore, or put at a low priority viruses that do not inflict any damage and hoaxes, which seems reasonable. For some reason with huristics set at highest level it will always detect something it calls neural bloodhound MBR virus, which after researching i found is just a bogus label they use to signify a virus may be present, but they can neither identify or remove it. That is the sort of software double-talk that really irritates me. Still taken as a whole, NAV 2003 has worked the best for me

the following i think are good, but not as good:

- AVG is good

-Panda is good

-PC Cillin is good.

i've read good things about NOD32, but i have yet to see it do anything in practice.

7. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

In my original post I was useing pc-cillin internet security. But since that post I have been useing panda platinum 7. I really do like panda quite a bit better. It scans much faster and I like the firewall a lot better than pc-cillin's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.