Which DVD+RW media ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chrizio, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrizio

chrizio Guest

Question to all TI users backing up to DVD.
    What DVD+RW media is best for backups created with TI ?

I tend to +RW solution instead of the +R one to avoid huge stack of disks
    after some months of backing up and to avoid problem of recycling those
    disks with my personal sensitive data on them.

There are some portals treating good optical media as club.cdfreaks.com
    and videohelp.com.
    But they discuss insider topics not helpful for newbie on buying DVD media,
    or they are focused on +/-R format.

2. Carver

Carver Registered Member

It is not what DVD+RW works good with ATI, the question is what DVD+RW is recommended by the DVD recorders manufacturer, go to the manufactures website and look under media compatibility. If you use a brand that is not recommend you will get errors in making your image or verifying your image.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I consider DVDs to be at the bottom of the reliability heap and I consider RW DVDs to be right on the bottom. Granted the short-term reliability of good media is pretty good but you should always verify after burning especially for files like TI archives where you must have every bit correct. Most of my failures have been with RWs and I only use them for TV program recording now.

I prefer HD storage so I just burn selected backups to DVD. I have an old spindle pack in a file cabinet and I just drop them in. Never have had to go back and read one but they are there if I have to - right to day 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.