which best combo of best Security Soft for windows box (xp & 2k3)

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by cafeshop, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cafeshop

cafeshop Former Poster

Hi to all,
    Anyone can give very good xp to judge which combo to give the best protections to a windows box (xp client / 2k3 server), and still providing great performance for all.
    Right now, my collection is with full licenses on :
    - Ghost Security Suite (life upgrade) : runs on xp/2k3
    - TallEmu Online Armor Firewall (1-year upgrade) : runs only on xp
    - KIS7 (2-year license update & upgrade) with no firewall + no HIPS turned on : runs only on xp; KIS7 is not so great at spyware & trojan detection rate; and its heuritics engine is not so great (50% detection); I heard KIS8 is much better on this.

Do I need a great AntiTrojan suite, Anti Spyeware worm...suite ? which one are going to run on both xp & 2k3 server.

Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  2. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

I use Ghost Security Suite (AppDefend/RegDefend), KAV 7 (no HIPS) and OutPost Firewall. Good backup scanners are SUPERAntispyware and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

3. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

:D

I have almost the same configuration as you - Ghost Security Suite (AppDefend/RegDefend), KAV 7 (no HIPS) ,OutPost Firewall Pro, SUPERAntispyware 4.0 (Active) and Sandboxie.

4. cafeshop

cafeshop Former Poster

thanks to all.

all are with windows xp client boxes, not for windows server 2003. As known, windows 2003 server runs more stable and secure than windows xp.

5. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

I thought about adding either DefenseWall or Sandboxie. Is there any conflicts on your system using Sandboxie with the other programs?

6. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

No conflicts from my experience. I actually have a snapshot with ghost security suite, defensewall and sandboxie all installed and i haven't had any problems so far. I'm still not sure if theres actually any need to run defensewall and gss at the same time, however sandboxie is a good addition i reckon.

7. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

No conflict, everything are running fine under Windows XP Service Pack 3 RC.

8. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Thanks smithj2006 and farmerlee for the responses. May try one of the two at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.