where to get microsofts java vm

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Bethrezen, Aug 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi all

i need to know where i can find microsofts java vm coz i need it to run jap the trouble with geting it off the jap sight is that it installs all the other bits like the development tool and the like which i dont need i only need the vm the bit that comes pre installed with windows my trouble is that when i reinstalled my system the last time java wasnt installed

Help

2. root

root Registered Member

I thought M$ quit supporting JAVA with the advent of XP. Can you not download Sun JAVA 1.4 and use it?

3. Bethrezen

hi root

i though about doin that but the trouble is i dont know what i need to download coz there are several downloads avalable

i have an idea do you know a sight that needs java to run coz if i go to a sight that needs java to run i will get a lil popup box askin me if i wanna download java form microsoft at least if i do it that way i know ill be geting the right thing

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

5. JacK

JacK Registered Member

Hi,

As you maybe know, due to some problems with SUN, M$ does not offer the VRM on its sites any longer.

You may d/l it here : http://gerard.lyannaz.free.fr/tips/progs/pack_java.htm

AFM the Sun Java is not yet fully compatible with XP : I got problems with some sites.

Cheers,

6. Bethrezen

hi jack

thanks for the link

FanJ the link you provided was the first place i tryed and its not listed thats why i posted here

hi got it sorted now thanks for ya help

7. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

you can get a lot of good stuff from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.asp?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.