where to buy in th UK

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jayeskay, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayeskay

jayeskay Registered Member

Where can I purchase True Image 8 in the UK.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2004
  2. jayeskay

I'll answer this myself.

Where can you buy in the UK. The answer is nowhere.

I ordered it from the acronis.com site.

Some advice when ordering - it's easy to include something you don't want.

You go into the acronis.com main screen, and click the "buy now" button for TI8.
    The next page has two buttons - one to add other products, and one to proceed. If you click the Add button it says you haven't selected any additional products - fair enough.
    Click "Proceed to Checkout"
    Now comes the fun.
    The next screen shows two items (assuming you haven't added any items from the previous page).
    The first item is TI8 at $49.99
    The second is "Extended Download Service" at a cost of $5.99. This service will allow you to download the software version you have purchased for up to two years (why?). If you don't take this option you get 30 days to download.
    So I clicked on remove to get rid of the extended service.
    Now I noticed that I can actually get it in my local currency (pounds sterling). I select sterling , and the screen refreshes to show sterling and euros - only it adds the extended service charge back in.
    So I removed the extended service charge, and clicked the Place Secure Order button.
    Now fill in all your name, address, credit card details, etc. It also gives you the opportunity to enter your vat number so that (I assume) you won't have vat added to the amount if you are VAT registered.
    Finally fill in a password, and verify it.
    Everything OK
    Then click Submit.
    Total £33.47
    Then it's heart attack time!!!
    Thank you for your purchase total $65.78
    WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's included the Extended Service, and is in dollars.
    Contact Customer services if you have problem - too right!
    How do I contact Customer Services? Can't find it in the contacts page.
    Go to FAQ. How do I cancel order?
    Phew. Click to cancel order (you can only do this the same day as the order). Enter order number and the password you entered when you added your name, address, etc.
    Confirms that order cancelled and amount will not be taken from your credit card (I'll certainly monitor this).

Tried again - entered exactly the same details - everything worked - apart from the fact the the VAT was on the invoice.

Now I'll install the software.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jayeskay,

Thank you for purchasing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Regarding the first question please see the following: http://www.acronis.com/sales/international/uk/

The second problem... the purchase procedure. Please note that Acronis online store (http://www.acronis.com/sales/online/ or http://www.acronis.com/sales/e5/) is based on DigitalRiver or Element5 sales system. So when you click on "Buy now" button you are redirected to their server. We are really sorry for these inconveniences.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

4. jayeskay

Andrew,

I suggest your Sales dept look at the purchasing facilities that Phoenix Global Software offer.

There is no way to actually purchase the Acronis software.

Regards,

Jayeskay

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Really strange... I will alert our Sales Team.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

6. como

como Guest

jayeskay

If you go to the Phoenix Global Software site and find the TrueImage page you need to click on the buy tab (at the top of the page)

You are then directed to a page that lists resellers

1 Computrolley.com
    2 Dreamdirect
    3 Amazon.com
    4 Dabs.com

Computrolley appears to be based in South Africa although they have an office in London. Trueimage is listed at £29.99 inc VAT but it appears that you have to pay delivery £5.00 in UK on top I haven't tried to buy the software

Dreamdirect lists Trueimage Version 6 Sold out

Amazon and Dabs do not list Trueimage

Hope this helps

7. jayeskay

Hello Como,

Just tried the UK sites ...

Your right

Dabs.com don't sell it
    Amazon.co.uk display TI v6
    Dreamdirect display TI v6 (sold out)

But ...................
    Computrolley.co.uk have it at £29.99 including vat, but although they say the shipping charge is £5.00, if you click the buy button the actual postal charge is a whopping £7.00!!!!!!!!!!

My advice for UK purchasers is get it through the acronis.com site.

8. como

como Guest

Hello jayeskay

I agree the chances are that if they are supplying CD's they will be an old version and you will still have to download the latest from the Acronis site

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.