Where is Port Explorer?

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by Phil, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil

Phil Registered Member

So, I decided to order Port Explorer since that is the only way one can see the actual program. I don't have a problem with that. Placed my order and got my confirming receipt -- no program or instructions. Wait some time. On the bottom of the confimation is a link -- "click this if you don't immediately receive the product after payment". Clicked that and it just linked me back to the registration page. Registered again -- wait some time. STILL no program or instructions. Email DiamondCS -- no reply 'cause they are all asleep. I STILL have nothing to show for my payment other than an email. Did I just get an Australian two-step? :D

Phil

2. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Maybe myrealbox filtered all the klez out of your email and :D filtered out the instructions.

Sorry Phil could not help it. :rolleyes:

Good things come to those who wait.

3. Phil

Phil Registered Member

hehheh -- yeah, yeah -- there's one in every crowd. :D

(I use my POP3 for purchases, not MRB - too many filters)

"Waiting" is not one of my virtues. I want it NOW!

Phil

4. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/portexplorer/index.php?page=download

5. Phil

Phil Registered Member

That's all fine and dandy Mickey, but is nothing but the crippled eval version. It's just their netstat view -- nothing else works. You must have a key and the REAL program.

Phil (impatiently patting his foot)

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Phil, i IM-ed you just a moment ago.
    Was it a confirmation, or was the keyfile added and mentioned to be there?
    The email should contain your personal keyfile, some other code and instructions, including your personal download URL.
    In the IM i asked you some exact location, not the URL but the general location where you are sent, and i really don't want any personal code examples from you, please keep it general, as when i know on which page you are i can tell you what to do and where to go exactly.
    I have been looking too a few moments, so if that is the same confusion, i'll aks the team to add a few words in their instructions which will lcear up things i guess.

That "download" is not the place to get your registered version, that one is like you say the evaluation version.

7. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Jooske,

Thanks for your reply. As I mentioned in my IM, I didn't see your note because I was unaware of the server time disconnect. That should teach me to pay attention. :D

As a repeat of my IM, all I got was the confirmation with no key or dl link. The confirm has my order number and reference that the dl link and key would be sent from DiamondCS immediately after I registered -- which was some hours ago now. I'm beginning to wonder if I should call my CC company and cancel. o_O

Phil

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Phil,
    did not realise you are new to this forum, as i saw some amount of postings already. So welcome aboard, sorry for not calling out sooner!

You can configure to never logof so you can always jump in and out without being logged out. Think it's kind of self protection to put up for those people who forget the world and eat and sleep once in the forums and who are on dial up connections......

It's now clear-er for me what kind of email you got, just a confirmation of receiving your order and that DCS will contact you soon. They are on Perth time, which is UTC+8 i think, and although about working around the clock, still need time to generate your personal keyfile, download URL, codes and put all that in an email to you.
    So add a few hours sleep to their timezone and expect the DCS email with all the additional instructions and keyfile in a few hours after that, as they're very experienced and serious with all this.
    In the meantime you might like to inform yourself with the helpfile, so once you have it all installed on your system you can immediately jump in.
    I learned to use and like the program very much during the beta testing and translating; would be really sad if for some misunderstanding you would miss this gem.

9. Phil

Phil Registered Member

I had typed a long reply and the server timed out again and I lost it all. Guess I didn't learn my lesson very well. I stated the confusion stems from the ClickBank confirmation. I put most of it in my IM to you anyway so -- nevermind. :D

I STILL don't have the software I have paid for without being able to test, though. :rolleyes:

Thank you for all your help and information!!
    Phil

10. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Sales are processed Mon-Fri, 10am-6pm. Please understand that Perth is approx 12 hours ahead of the USA - we're normally working when you're asleep, and vice versa. Sales are being processed as I type so if you've placed an order, you should receive your keyfile in the next couple of hours (as the post-registration screen explains) -- if not, simply email sales@diamondcs.com.au !

Best regards,
    Wayne

11. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Wayne,

Thanks for your reply. I just received my keyfile and am about to download the product. I came back here to finish up this thread first. As I explained to you in email, it was the confirmation from ClickBank that caused the confusion. Quoted here:

<quote>
    If for some reason you did not receive the product
    immediately after payment, please follow this link now:
    </quote>

Hopefully they will modify that statement to avoid further confusion.

Again, thanks!
    Phil

12. Phil

Phil Registered Member

So far, so good, no crash -- that's a good thing. :D

Looks pretty cool, seems to behave itself very well along side the other low-level security apps I have running. Very easy on the system - CPU, Mem and VM. The MOST I have seen so far is a little over 5000K Mem and 3000K VM when sniffing a few processes. The average when sniffing 1 or 2 is MUCH lower. The only util I have tested is the sniffer so can't say anything about the rest. So far, I am impressed. I will be glad to post my thoughts after I wring it out if anybody is interested.

Nice little app, Wayne. :cool:

Phil

13. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Phil,

By all means! A good user report is welcome as ever. You might consider opening a new thread for this one ;).

regards.

paul

14. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Good idea, Paul. Give me a day or so to put this puppy through the hoops and I will start a new thread.

Phil

15. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Looking forward to it ;)

regards.

paul

16. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Thanks Wayne for the explanation, and i do hope you're able to have the Clickbank email modified more adequate and no longer causing such sad confusions.

Phill, i'm really happy you've given yourself time to wait a few hours longer to have your own personal secure key processed. Glad to read you like the product. So do i, with all the beta testing and nose on top of the info what it is all about and what is included, how to work with it and even after all that reading in the very helpful helpfile lots more!
    Looking forward to your finds and reactions in the new thread!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.