Where does it end?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Franklin, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

My av is better than yours,yeh but mine detects more,but mine is quicker,mine uses less resources,mine finds newer ones faster,mine detects more trojans,mine also finds malaware,check this test page,check that test page.
    Where does it end.It seems it doesn't and it won't.
    Suppose it keeps forums like this going,which I enjoy perusing anyways!!! :)

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well such posts do look annoying,but you can learn lots of things from them when the chat rolls out :)

3. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

You might have the bigger database, but my mobile phone is smaller than yours :D :p

4. BornMember

BornMember Registered Member

Yes.

Well it ends (for some) when there systems get infected and the Honeymoon period ends LOL!

Born

5. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

People do have different opinions and needs. To answer your question...It will never end. :rolleyes:

tECHNODROME

6. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I suppose that is the sad nature of this human race: my religion is better than yours, my political party is better than yours, my nationality is better than yours, my race is better than yours, my social class is better than yours … we’re all on great big ego trips, and we simply carry that down into the software programs that we use. :doubt:

Acadia

7. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

This "mine is bigger than your's" goes back into the Stone Age.
    Has basicly to do with impressing womans, don't wont to describe more details ATM, coz Firecat or other teens would read it :D

However, antivirus is "spectacular" for some people, coz worms, spyware, viruses etc end up on the OWN MACHINE directly on the same table where you have your playboy magazines... So it's something what enters the privat sphere ;)

Do you know this feeling when you just washed your car and a stupid bird shitted on your car's hood 3 min later? Yes? If you run here to clean this then welcome in the club, you're one of the guys who will fight until death for YOUR INSTALLED ANTIVIRUS PROGRAM!

:-*

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Now, i really hate those birds that **** on my car after i wash it :mad: :D

9. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

avast! Antivirus Guru

Do you need more prove that my theory is correct? :D

10. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

But mine has more ringtones with the new GSP Bird Crap Avoidance System.

11. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

My signature is longer than yours :p :D

12. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Very true, read my sig. Besides it's fun :) It ends when all nasties and all nasty creators are dead. Never. ;)

13. Hyperion

Hyperion Registered Member

The best AV at the end,is the one that YOU beleive it's the best for your PC :D in this way everyone is happy.

Seriously,i don't think there can be an absolute definition of the "best".For me the best AV must have very good detection and be very light on resources,because i don't get viruses often due to my habbits and defence lines so i don't need the best in detection.For high risk users that need the best detection,KAV is the best.For those who encounter for some reason rare malware,good heuristics is the best.For those who want to have the one that is most famous,Norton is the way and so on.

But as one poster said,if we were all happy with our own AV without trying to convince the others about it,how would this forum exist ? :D

14. Diver

Diver Registered Member

There is a lot of strange behavior in internet forums. All forums, not just this one and not just computer security forums. Some of the worst flaming I ever received was in a scuba diving forum that has since put a stop to that kind of thing. Frankly, the "my AV is better than your AV" thing is pretty minor compared to some of what goes on. After all, we could do a hunderd posts on what the word "best" means in this context, and nothing would really be decided.

15. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

And sure there can be a "Best" AV and I have them all :D :D ;)

16. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

You think that you have them all, but I'm who have them :p :D

17. HD rider UK

HD rider UK Registered Member

Where does it end? Usually in a dark alley with a baseball bat in my hand.. oops wrong forum, sorry.

HDRiderUK

18. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

It keeps people like Happy Bytes on their toes developing a better product. The consumer can only benefit. If one company develops a technology or product feature people gravitate toward ,the others eventually move in that direction to enhance or protect market share. The forums are great as most people don't have the time or inclination to test multiple anti-virus programs and we get a real world view of how other programs function and without forums few would venture outside Trend, Norton, McAfee or even learn about alternatives.

19. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Diver,
    The description of "best" for each user....hmmm, not hundred likely thousands. ;) :D

20. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

He's yet to get his signature properly de-wormed though... ;)

21. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Are you referring to this? Last edited by Happy Bytes : Today, at 12:01 AM. Reason: removed a signature spreading virus

22. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

How many do you have bigc? :eek:

23. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am not really sure at the moment. Probably thirteen or fourteen, something like that. ;)

24. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:rolleyes: Hey I had to use the one that came in the Cracker Jack box, so what are you all complaining about? Thanks to a generous benefactor I now get to use a real one, but it will disappear after a certain length of use. I await a "new" flavor, but that is no guarantee that it will be any better than it's predecessor and could even be worse. However there is light in this dark world thanks to this an yes other forums, because they provide one with the flavors that are available. Like everything else, not all will like all the flavors available. but it is nice to have some choice. Perhaps the next one I utilize will come in the cereal box.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :eek: :p

Last edited: May 29, 2005
  25. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

It will end when M$ issues Longhorn with its bullet-proof Security Suite *built in* (like Internet Explorer), & pigs fly, & we have a lasting peace in the middle east. :cool:

P.S. Suddenly noticed that I draw nigh to 1,000 posts. What worries me about this is ... people with high post counts are obviously compensating for something. :blink:

Last edited: May 29, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.