when using recovery cd, mouse sometimes stops responding

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by WSFuser, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

it usually happens when im entering a comment for an image. the mouse is USB if it matters.

it doesnt always happen but im wondering if anyone else had similar behavior?

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

It would be useful to know what version and build of TrueImage you are using ans what your computer hardware is.

3. WSFuser

im using Acronis True Image 10.0 Home (Build 4871) and the mouse is a Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical.

its just a minor issue, so i dont know how revelant the rest of my computer is.

4. jmk94903

Things like this are usually hardware specific, so what computer you have may be the second most important piece of information. The motherboard/chipset probably have more to do with the problem than the actual mouse that is attached.

5. WSFuser

well i have a ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard, Athlon 64 3200+ overclocked to 2.5GHz, 512 megs of ram and a 80gb disk.

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Is your video card driver up to date? If the mouse only misbehaves when entering text, it could be a video or direct X problem.

Colin

7. WSFuser

my video card driver is up-to-date, but would it matter since i use the ATI rescue cd?

8. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Aah, I wasn't aware we were talking about the Linux environment. This could still be a video driver problem though, but the Linux one in this case, which you can't do anything about.

What happens if you use another brand of USB mouse or if possible a PS2 version?

Colin

9. WSFuser

i dont have a PS2 mouse to test and both my computers have the same mouse.

this is a minor issue anyhow, i can unplug and replug in teh mouse to get it working (again). i was just wondering if anyone else has had their mouse stop responding.

10. jmk94903

I would bet that it's a result of the overclocking. My guess is that you don't want to give up the performance to get a reliable mouse, but check whether you can verify your backups in the Linux (Recovery CD) environment. Overclocking has lots of negatives when dealing with large files such as TrueImage makes.

11. WSFuser

it has happened on both my computers and the other is not overclocked.

ill check the verification tomorrow, but maybe im blowing this "problem" out of proportion? maybe its nothing. my mouse just stops responding sometimes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.