When checking email, skip messages with attachments larger than X kb

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Tony49122, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony49122

Tony49122 Registered Member

Hi,
    I'm using Eudora 7 (paid version) for email along with NOD32. Eudora has an option that when checking for new messages, it can skip messages that are larger than X kb (where X is user selectable). The purpose is when on a slow Internet connection, you can skip downloading large messages.

I've just switched to NOD32 after having used Norton AV. With NOD32, Eudora no longer skips downloading large messages. I'm guessing NOD32 sits between Eudora and the POP mail server. Somehow the information about the message+attachment size is lost between the POP mail server and Eudora.

Anyone know how I can get the "skip messages over XX k in size" to work again? I think Outook also has a similar feature though I don't know what it is called, but it does the same thing, skips downloading large messages until you turn the feature off.

thanks,
    -Tony.

2. Tony49122

Tony49122 Registered Member

Hi again,
    I found a partial solution. In Eudora, setting the "skip large messages" under each personality (accesed by ALT-ENTER) effectively allows/disallows skipping the download of large messages. The global "skip large messages" under the menu item Tools > OPtions > Incoming messages doesn't seem to work.

I'll leave this posted here in case another NOD32 + Eudora user experiences a similar problem. I'm still unsure if it's a Eudora issue or NOD32 or the combination of the 2. The feature used to work fine with Norton AV. But I'm happy there's a solution.

-Tony

Update. Confirmed in the Eudora forum, the seting under Tools > Options > Incoming messages applies to the dominant personality (account). For non-dominant accounts/personalities, need to set the download preferences in that particular personality/account. So the symptoms were unrelated to NOD32.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.