What's With NOD?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Why do you think I left NOD32 after two years? Mostly because you cannot speak truthfully here about NOD32. I was very tired of the nasty fanatics in the NOD32 forum. It is a very good AV but it needs to lose the fanatics, or at least have them rained in by the mods here, but that will never happen and it is one of the few black marks on Wilders that I have found in the five years I've been a member here. I had NOD32 back when Wilders still had bad karma allowed to be dished out to members. It was so nasty as I believe in Karma and I didn't feel I deserved the nasty karma that the fanatics in the NOD32 forum kept dishing me and no one moderated them and they still don't moderate that forum properly IMO. At least Wilders finally got rid of that cruel rating system with the bad karma.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

That is your option and your right . You don't have to agree with me. Most of the people on this forum that have known me for any time at all do know I will tell what I do believe are the strong and weak points of any security app. I have no connection to any security company except I beta test for Symantec from time to time. All it take is a little reading to see that Nod is a very good product. I am running McAfee Total Security 2007, now did I ask you to run it or brag about it. No because this thread is about Nod. Start one about McAfee and I will tell you what I have found out about it.

3. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

The only thing missing being stated here: There are other very good AV's and stop jumping on someones neck when something shady is being said about Nod32.
    Nod32 is not the proper product for the average home user......come on now! I still feel, that there should be a product development which gives the proper 'out of the box' security, so it can give any user the right protection without fiddling with configurations. Therefore there are great Av's, other than Nod32........installing a lot easier.

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

It's because this is the home of the official Eset Support Forum. It only makes sense that there are "shareholders" here. Other AV support forums don't even have threads such as " other anti-virus software" attached to them for AV users to speak freely about other products.

5. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

Amen.

6. Big Apple

Sure.......what else can you say!!!!

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

About what?

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I don't know about that. Every Av here has it's advocates. Avira is riding high right now in the forums for good reason and there are a score of Kaspersky admirers here. I also find that those you'd label "00"s are among the posters who frequently come to the aid of members who say that they have this or that trojan on there system and want help to get rid of it. And they usually help without ripping the product the stricken member is using. Is Big C a 00? Read his posts and you will see how silly you were to even suggest it. You've only diminished yourself by such statements regarding him.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  9. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

I suppose the AV wars will go on as long as computers exist on our earth and the debate on this is better than that and that is better than this syndrome will always be there. AV choice is a personal issue as what cars are to us, some pople prefer Mercs over BMW's and some people prefer Lexus over BMW's and Mercs. So really how can we read one AV Comparatives test from one test lab and say it more better and accurate than one from another lab, every lab has their own way of doing a test, and I'm sure that all these labs have their own way of doing these tests. Have you ever read up on hardware reviews in magazines, say for eg one mag may review a new Pioneer DVD burner and give it 8/10, where as the other might give it 5/10. So really who do you believe. The same can be found for AV reviews and tests. I always say one thing, there will be no 100% perfect AV software and never will, but there will be the good and bad when it comes to AV products. And for us to say that KAV is better than NOD, or NOD is better than KAV or Avira is the best to me is total nonsence. To me the best AV product out these is yourself and using your brain and safe surfing habbits.

10. Big Apple

Just praising a product into heaven, not being able to even use it yourself, just proves to me, there's only one wind blowing here.......and all people saying here something else or defending these kind of statements......all blow along with the same wind, but that's been obvious here for a long time already and I'm not talking about others here helping others. There's no need explaining any further, so.........just dream on!

11. Big Apple

I totally agree with you and I know we are with a very small minority, but I still feel it should be said once in a while, perhaps some part of it will stick somewhere.
    I find it a very typical American way of behaving......."Everything is muuuuuch Bigger." And very often I just feel like saying: Simmer down a bit, it's not all wisdom and gold in the US of A, but bragging very loudly is part of the American way. I have been there, lived there and I have seen enough of that. But this is all going off topic and this will probably be clipped, so........
    Take care,

Big Apple

12. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

So does that mean because i wrote that NOD32 has a solid and good antivirus engine that i'm now a NOD fanboy? :eek:

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Ok, I don't understand this... Maybe I'm just reading this statement wrong (it's late for me) but, you seem to dislike the way business is conducted on this forum. If this is true the why continue to post here?

14. Big Apple

Don't worry, I only post once in a while when I get a little upset about these things, but I'll rest my case for now and take a long walk!
    Have fun! ;)

15. Big Apple

I hope not and I think you are not, so......

16. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

I wouldn't sound the alarm over a slight slippage from one test to another. That's the kind of thinking that compelled me to license way too many security apps! ;)

17. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Nothing new coming out now, and with QBgreen's post taking us full circle, me thinks it's time to close this thread.

Regards

Menorcaman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.