What's the best "eye friendly" LED pc monitor/s?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by sweater, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Just curious, what's your favorite/tested soft to the eyes and the best LED monitor/s for pc or tv's?
  2. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

I really don't know how anyone can answer that. There is no one monitor that is best for all situations. I love my two 22" Samsungs on my PC, but no way would I use them for my TV viewing. For that, I love my 46" Samsung.

And for my second PC, I really like my 24" Vizio TV/Monitor.

Really, the only way to find the best monitor for you is for you to go look at them - after you decide what you want. That is, what size? Do you need built in speakers? Does the screen need to tilt? Swivel? Go up and down? Hang on a wall?

How much money is in the budget?
  3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I tend to like the Samsung S-PVA panels myself as the viewing angles are great. I don't know if that makes it more "eye friendly" but the one thing I will say is that I would NOT call a glossy screen eye friendly. My laptop has a glossy screen and the glare from it is about to do me in. :(
  4. clubhouse

clubhouse Registered Member

I think OLED is the way forward, especially if you're a 'gamer' oled is supposed to be a 1,000 times faster than backlit LED technology.
  5. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

OLED does show promise, but they are having problems with OLED in larger (over 24 inch) screens. Problems with costs (still in the MANY $1000s), brightness, and longevity. They are great for small screens like tablets and smartphones, but not in larger devices.
  6. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.