What's CNET's problem?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by TonyKlein, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

2. swisscoms

swisscoms Registered Member

This is exactly what I feared would happen on my April 1st post. I know Norton makes a great product, however, so do many other Companies. I find this test even more shameful than the last one at  http://www.cnet.com/software/0-806174-8-9600397-1.html?tag=ld       The sad thing is hundrds of thousands use CNET to help their decision making. Regards, Peter. :-/

3. root

root Registered Member

Long time ago I lost all faith in CNET and ZDNET when I found out how much they were influenced by advertising dollars.
    Anyone taking an intelligent, well informed approach to comparing AV products is going to come up with conclusions that are almost the exact opposite to CNETs recommendations.
    One of the reasons I am so vociferous about AVs is that I feel it is necessary to try to counteract the misinformation put out by all the CNETS, ZDNETS, and Magazines that place Nortons and McAfee at the top every time.
    To give NOD32 a grade like that should be considered libel and they should be sued for false information. Also F-Secure deserves a better recommendation than that and I don't know anybody that uses Norman.
    I am just beginning to build yet another security webpage, and I will do my best to promote security programs that really do prove themselves to be the best.
    Sheesh! That kind of crap really P's me off. Thinking about all the people out there that are running down to the store to buy their recommended programs. Grrrrrr.
    :mad: :mad:

4. swisscoms

swisscoms Registered Member

I totally agree with you Root. F-Secure passed every single one of their tests, surpassing Norton's results last month. That being the case how can it be lumped in with "Underdogs" with a lower rating. It is also amazing this time around that no mention was made about the Wild Tests that NOD32 excells in. Thank goodness for excellent sites and Forums like this one, that show the other side of the coin. Regards, Peter.

5. octogen

octogen Registered Member

You tell 'em, root and swisscoms.  Hopefully, people who read such worthless reviews read the Users' Opinions as well.  In this case, they totally trashed CNet's "review", and rightly so.

6. octogen

octogen Registered Member

I'm sorry.  In my previous post, I was referring to the review of NOD32.

7. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

I think we al gathered that ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.