What the hell is Sysfader.exe ?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by tempnexus, Mar 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

...as long as we are ;)

regards.

paul

2. pricinosus

pricinosus Registered Member

When I instaled, few days ago, the windows xp pro (sp2 buit in)... for a second in the midle of she screen, just when windows setup trying to restart the computer for the last time, before i can use the system, a window with a message like this "you should't see this".......very strange, and after that setup restart system. But after 2 days this "sysfader.exe" came up and freezes "windows explorer" and load 100% my cpu. After ending "windows explorer" from aplications tab in task manager, things go to normal until double click "My Computer" again and so on.

In my firewall settings was three programs in port exception window:

1.odc
    2.Yahoo! FT Server (I don;t know what the #### is that...yet)
    3.Yahoo! Messenger

After I have unticked no 2 & 3 and running computer since yesterday there is no "voodo" from sysfader.exe.

I dont know if is the final solution for me or for you, but hope that will help !

3. Martie

Martie Guest

Hey people,
    I suppose it must be a windows thingy, i made a clean installation of windows xp and corel draw (just bought it) on a formatted harddisk, sysfader is there right from the beginning, it blinks for a second while launching corel and it prevents corel from opening.
    Other apps work just fine, I get no sysfader error messages.

Very weird.

Thanks,
    Martin

4. Martie

Martie Guest

I experimented a bit and I discovered that when I deactivate the first two items in Effects / Appearance / Display / Control Panel, there is no sysfader reference whatsoever in the Task manager window on running applications or opening windows.

This solved the sysfader problem for me. With the first two items deactivated, windows runs a lot faster.

Martie

5. RoHe

RoHe Guest

For those wondering how they got spysweeper (from Webroot) without ever loading it, spysweeper is installed behind the scenes by Earthlink's TotalAccess software so if you've ever had that on your machine that's how you got spysweeper. It's a problem on my XPpro SP2 system. It created an unnamed process with unspecified command line prompt that shows up on startup tab under msconfig. When I edited the registry to remove it, my PC crashed. Had to undo the regedit and can't figure out how to get rid of it. The spysweeper files aren't anyway to be found, even when searching hidden and system files. From time to time PC crashes and the error message blames spysweeper. Webroot was totally unhelpful, even denying that spysweeper was installed with TotalAccess.

The only solution may be to remove TotalAcess but I'd lose my internet connection.

6. Th3May0r

Th3May0r Guest

my suggestion, remove it, then set up a PPPoE connection in Windows..

7. Guy

Guy Guest

So far, the only solution i have was defragmenting my drives and scan disk them every day. My computer used to get frozen all the time and sysfader was the problem, now it doesnt do it anymore. Sysfader makes the computer slower but its not a big deal anymore only the high cpu usage that i have but it doesnt get frozen or ends programs, everything runs fine. I have also tried everything, Ad Aware, Norton, spy subtract, etc, nothing on it

8. jbru

jbru Guest

the problem with the SysFader has started after installing Mcafee anitvirus 8.0. I suffered 1 week. Always the PC got stucked or i was not able to switch of the PC without pulling the plug. After removing Mcafee the problem was solved. Now im back to Norton Antivirus without any problems.

9. danny123

danny123 Guest

You should download Microsoft Anti-Spyware because Ad-Aware ADDS it's OWN SWYWARE.

10. danny123

danny123 Guest

Did you know that Ad-Aware adds it's own adware and spyware? SpySweeper is good, but not the best. The best is Microsoft Anti-Spyware. It's very good and doesn't add it's own adware and spyware.

11. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

What the? o_O

It does no such thing, believe me.

snowbound

12. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Would you mind letting us know where you got this information?

bigc

13. Some guy

Some guy Guest

I had this problem awhile ago. I turned out that Sysfader.exe is a utility used by some NVidia graphic card packages. This can be verified by using a program such as QuickView to see the file's publisher or opening the Sysfader.exe file in a hex editor. To remove the file uninstall the NVida drivers then WITHOUT REBOOTING go into the registry and remove any references to NVidia. There were three if I remember correctly. Then reboot and reinstall the NVidia drivers. Be sure when reinstalling the drivers NOT to check any option that "speeds up opening and closing windows" or any of the window or taskbar transparency options. Sysfader is used to implement these options and if they are not used then Sysfader will not be installed. Apparently the Sysfader utility clashes with Windows 2000 and XP window display processes i.e. they both try to 'lock' the same memory in user space at the same time. Strangely this is an unintended side effect of user space memory protection that is intended to protect your computer from hijacking programs.

14. suhail alam

suhail alam Guest

i have installed a p2p program called azureus. it is a java based program, and when i try to start it, starts to load and suddenly acts as if it is idle. When this happens first, i realized that azureus is a java based application so i downloaded sun microsystems java webstart. However the problem still remained. Then today before i opened up the program i opened tasks view up. then opened the p2p program up. then sysfader appeard in taskmanger briefly before returning to idle state and show the desktop. i decided to open up search and look for it and it appeared again however search function worked. therfore I BELIEVE it is randomly disallowing appications to run becuase for some people the search function did not work. but i am going to unselect the crossover and fade slection option and see what happens

if you have any ideas and comments u can email me directly at xxx@hotmail.com

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2005
  15. suhail alam

suhail alam Guest

i disabled the fade effect thingy and it still did not work.

16. Petary791

Petary791 Guest

I'm getting basically the same thing, this is what it says:
    "The instruction at "0x01e7d065" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memorty could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
    Click on CANCEL to debug the program

Now when I click ok, my taskbar and icons go away for a second, then they come back. I can't click on or use anything that involves Windows, I can only use Trillian and Firefox. I have everything in multiple icon folders on my desktop (I only have like 10 icons with sub-icons.) This is really pissing me off, please help!

xxxx@gmail.com

17. mobstert2005

mobstert2005 Guest

i have the exact same problem and it is really making me made. my computer was running really good then one day it did that sysfader **** and screwed evry thing up. i can run programs but i can not open folders. and it sucks bad HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please help someone

18. mobstert2005

mobstert2005 Guest

and another thing my internet web page is set at about blank and i keep changing it back to msn but it changes its self back and i dont know how to change it permenatly if any one can help me with either of my problems then please email me at
    xxxxx2005@yahoo.com

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2005
  19. Mobstert2005

Mobstert2005 Guest

hey guess what i got rid of that sysfader sh*t.!!!! ya. i will tell you how i did it hopefully it works for you to. go to favorites and delete the files in the folder. you will not be able to delete the whole folder. then restart. then dont go on the internet but search on your computer for sites about then it will come up and u delete it fast. i dont know if this works for you but it did for me.

if you need me to explain it better tell me ok.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2005
  20. Whodini

Whodini Guest

can you explain it better since I am having the same problem. You delete all of the files in your favorites folder through IE and then restart. What will come up when you search for sites on the computer?

Thanks.

21. mobstert2005

mobstert2005 Guest

First of all is your homepage about.blank?

22. Whodini

Whodini Guest

yes it is.

23. mobstert2005

mobstert2005 Guest

did you delete the sites about folder in favorits?

24. Whodini

Whodini Guest

I deleted everything in the Favorites folder, which I did through IE and also via the command prompt just to make sure. This was in the c:\document and settings\owner\favorites

However, when I restarted I still get the error if I select Search, Control Panel, My Computer, etc. I am still only able to open applications or browser.

25. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Last edited: Feb 17, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.