What S-ATA-(RAID)-Controllers are supported?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bttr, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bttr

bttr Registered Member

Hello!

Why doesn't Acronis publish a list of supported chips? Then we could check before buying.

2. jts

jts Registered Member

I believe that it would be very helpful if all compatibility issues were posted on the web site. I apparently was using a CD burner that was not recognized by TI8. I had to purchase a new CD burner after which time I was able to copy a boot disk.

I’m not sure how I feel about purchasing a new piece of equipment just so that some program will work. Had I known of the conflict, I would have had the information needed to make a more informed decision as to my software purchase.

I’ve recommended a compatibility list in the past but received no response.

jts

3. Zintar

Zintar Guest

Another option would be to ask for the .iso and burn it with something like Nero. Most (maybe all) CD-burning software in the past has worked only with specific burners, but at least with something like Nero, that's their core/only business so they kept up with the newer and obscure models quite well.

With Nero 6, they finally introduced a new feature that automatically inspects CD-burners and (they claim) automatically works with unknown models. I've wondered for a long time, why CD-burning SW wasn't able to do that. I guess it just took a while for the industry to figure it out. Perhaps TI will adopt this mode too at some point. Until then, the list would be nice.

4. di ge ra ti

di ge ra ti Guest

I use a FastTrak S150 TX4 SATA RAID Controller with two 10,000 RPM Western Digital Raptor Drives running RAID 0 Striping configuration for maximum speed. It does not work with TI-8! What should I do? I already paid. Please fix/update the software to repair this!!! My paid copy is worthless to me without this feature!!!

Thanks,
    The di ge ra ti

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

6. KeithM

KeithM Registered Member

Same here. If I'd known I wouldn't be able to boot and restore to a SATA drive I'd never purchased TI.

Oh well, I think I'll go flush more of my money down the toilet... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.