What kind of DVD?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CWBillow, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CWBillow

CWBillow Registered Member

I'm just now looking at True Image...

I want to do backups to DVD... but the backup won't start. It keeps kicking out asking for a dvd.

I've used these dvd's with both Norton and NTI, so they should be OK... what might the problem be here?

Chuck Billow

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Chuck,

If not already seen, have a read of the final entry in the <Acronis Online FAQ> reference writing images direct to DVD.

What UDF packet writing software are you running in the background e.g. Nero InCD, Roxio DirectCD/Drag-to-Disk etc? Are you using DVD RW? Have you preformatted these using your packet writing software?

Regards

3. CWBillow

CWBillow Registered Member

I had always "assumed" that the backup software was "self-enclosed". I never thought about that before, as Norton never asked.

I have Nero 5.5, though.

Am I going to end up stuck to CD's?

Chuck

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello again Chuck,

In order to image direct to DVD you need to have some form of UDF packet writing software running in the background whilst creating the image. You will also need to use DVD RW disks that have been preformatted via this software. As you have Nero 5.5 you can download the latest version of InCD free of charge from the <Nero Update Page> (choose Udate-Package #3).

Failing this, you can use the alternative, two-stage, method detailed in the <Acronis Online FAQ> mentioned above to copy the split image files to DVD R/RW as a Nero DVD-ROM (ISO) compilation. When creating the image to your HD, choose to split it manually at 2000MB not 2GB otherwise Nero will complain that the file size exceeds the ISO 9660 limit (see this <earlier post> for a possible explanation).

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.