What kind of coffee do you drink

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by bigc73542, Feb 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Don't really want to start a poll. Just curious about what kind of coffee you drink in the morning and how much. I am just being nosey. :D ;)

Attached Files:

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I like Hazelnut. I buy a few different types of beans, mix them in the proportions I like and grind them fresh. I drink two 20 oz cups in the morning and heaven help anyone who gets between me and my coffee.

If someone is pushing the line here as far as being a troll or making off topic postings, they'd better not do it until I've had my coffee! :D Even Pixel knows to stay clear of me until my coffee IV has run into my veins. *puppy*

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

As in brand, or how it's prepared? The former is easy enough, whatever's cheapest when it's time to shop for more.

Standard "10-12 cup" (typically about 6 or 7 real cups) drip-maker, and I'll typically go thru the whole pot in a day, or even need to at least start a second one. Coffee and smoking are my two unabashed vices/addictions. ;) And I take my coffee light and very sweet (borderline-low blood sugar).

I was never a "morning person", even when I was working office hours -- typically I'd only start to feel like I was starting to get efficient around mid-afternoon, getting on to time to head home. That's why I loved driving taxi weekends, it fit in nicely with my "body clock" -- I'd start late morning or mid-day and quite comfortably go through till the wee hours of the morning.

That was one of the very few advantages of unexpected early retirement, I can pretty well make ny own hours now.

4. RJ100

RJ100 Registered Member

Well I like to drink a couple cups of the High-Test Dark Roast to
    get things fired up. What is it about coffee that reels us in? :eek: :D

Take care

5. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Wow big c. Why didn't you tell me you were in the neighborhood? I mean you got a picture of my coffee pot through the kitchen window! :eek: I just like plain old Folgers. I usually drink 1 1/2 pots a day. A little sugar, a little cream. Summer and winter. Coffee IV? That's for amatures. Coffee water tower? Now that's the ticket. ;)

6. bigc73542

I am wanting to try some coffee that is a little more exoctic than what I drink now. I usually get up at 5:30 and drink a whole pot which is twelve cups by 7:30 so I want something a little different. ;)

PS I drink Maxwell House Master Blend. it is good goffee but.

7. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

cold :oops:

I keep pouring them hot though... :D

8. bigc73542

I figured that if we ever did get all the members of wilders together we might need a large coffee pot. ;)

9. beetlejuice

Probably alot of bathrooms too. :rolleyes:

10. bigc73542

Got it covered :D

Attached Files:

11. meneer

meneer Registered Member

I'm on a diet of Fair Trade coffee, in order to support the small coffee farmers. So not only my coffee tastes good, it also feels good :)

12. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Yeah, a real thread about a real topic! You've hit upon a subject that is close to my heart, well brain cells actually, I don't have many and they need all the caffeine they can get. Seriously though, if you belong to any of the warehouse clubs such as BJ's or Costco I HIGHLY recommend trying some of their coffees. My wife and I are particually fond of BJ's Kona and Costco's Columbian Supreme. I actually read an article in one of my financial magazines, either Kiplingers, Smart Money, or Money that talked about how Costco goes out of it's way looking for superior coffee. Anyway, its a little bit cheaper way of getting an excellent brew, in my opinion.

Acadia

13. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

'espresso macchiato' prepared freshly ground 'monsooned Mallibar' beans in my Gaggia but I must drink it out of a traditional espresso cup. An art to prepare properly but worth it for the crema and wonderful aroma ;)

14. P.T.

P.T. Registered Member

Anything fresh ground and mocha ;)

15. beetlejuice

Speaking of BJ's (beetlejuice's), when you gonna pay your tab mate? Make it quick or no more Kona for you! :D
    Your bill=$2,000,000.00 :D

16. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Two Million Dollars!?!? :eek: And to think we joined your warehouse club to SAVE money. Sheeesh.

Acadia

17. little eagle

little eagle Registered Member

18. beetlejuice

I think you need to drink some more coffee. My play on words went right over your head.

bill=Bill Gates
    $2,000,000.00=the pocket change you were supposed to get me. :D

19. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

My favorite is Millstone's Columbian Supremo but all the local stores have stopped carrying Millstone; I think they upped the price and the warehouse clubs ditch them when they do that too much. Now they've got this Sark's which isn't bad.. but not quite that Millstone either. I have a little grinder so I grind it just before brewing also... it's the only way to go!

20. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Hey Detox, BJ's still carries Millstone Wholebean Columbian, at least they do in our area, in fact I even have a $1.50 off coupon for it which I'm going to use next time I go ... that is assuming, of course that BeetleJuice lets me into his store.

Acadia

21. beetlejuice

Sure you can always shop here.

Let's see---Millstone Wholebean Columbian--MSRP minus $1.50 coupon=$1,999,998.50
    Have fun shopping. :D

22. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

I also think the whole bean Costco coffee is super but most often buy the Fair Trade coffee for the same reasons meneer does............ two cups a day with no suger and some low fat organic milk.............. jeezzzz that says a lot hey....... ;)

23. Grummy

Grummy Registered Member

I like fresh ground Pea Berry or Tanazania Kilimanjaro. Mostly just Maxwell House Italian Roast will do me fine.
    Caffeine is the Fule that Powers the Internet

24. bigc73542

Well it looks likeI have a few new brands of coffee to try I bet I find a few of them I like. I surely don't want to quit so I figured you guys would have some good ideas. :D

Attached Files:

25. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

As to brand, I'm not all that picky -- QUANTITY is what matters! On a typical Sunday, I'll do two twelve-cup pots between 5AM and when I go to work and, from work, multiple trips to the nearest Dunkin' Donuts as required!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.