What is spyblaster really doing?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Gumnut, Jun 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gumnut

Gumnut Registered Member

I have spyblaster. It just sits there. If I click on it I'm told, your system is being protected. If that's the case how come my browser has been taken over by something called DELTA-Home. I have taken advice, followed advice on how to rid my PC of this program - to NO avail. I just want my GOOGLE CHROME back. Please help.

2. ky331

ky331 Registered Member

SpywareBlaster offers 3 very specific areas of protection:
    1) for IE users, it can disable activeX controls that would otherwise allow KNOWN malware to install.
    2) for IE users, it can place KNOWN malicious websites into the RESTRICTED zone, thereby blocking/limiting what can be done if you [try to] access one of these sites.
    3) for several browsers (including IE, FF, PaleMoon, and Chrome) it can block advertising and potentially unwanted sites from placing cookies on your system, thereby restricting/limiting their ability to track your online activity.

Within these specific categories, it does a good job.

However, please stress that SpywareBlaster is NOT a general anti-virus program... in particular, it offers no "behavioral analysis" of running processes. For these, you need to rely on other anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-exploit, HIPS, &etc. programs.

3. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

Try this from a Google search:
    Code:
    Google Chrome:
    1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
    2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (Delta Chrome Toolbar, Delta Toolbar, Delta Homes, Babylon, conduit, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
    3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose 'Settings' -> 'On startup' section -> 'set pages'
    4. Here, eliminate Delta-homes.com by clicking on the "X" and enter your preferred website.
    5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> 'Settings' -> 'Search' section
    6. Here, click 'Manage Search Engines...' and add your preferred domain name.
    7. Run AdwCleaner, Junkware Removal Tool (JRT), and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to remove left-over bits and pieces.

Please post a reply to this topic with your results.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.