What is osklauncher.exe?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Gobbler, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gobbler

Gobbler Registered Member

For the last couple of days, SpyShelter has been blocking and blacklisting something in system32 at the start-up called osklauncher.exe, it is also flagged by Hitman Pro as suspicious, I have seen some articles in the past which stated that osklauncher.exe is a component of SpyShelter so I contacted SpyShelter but they told me that osklauncher.exe is no longer a component of Spyshelter and not to trust it. Any opinions?

2. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

Submit it to VT, virus.org, Jotti, Anubis.
    Don't post back the results or post a link, but you can state "VT results were 00/42"

3. Sully

Sully Registered Member

osk is usually on screen keyboard. Maybe you have a legitimate application that uses the osk?

Sul.

4. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

It seems someone had checked with VT sometime ago: 2010-07-07 05:30:26 (UTC) Result: 6 /41 (14.6%)

According to one comment there it is a file created by SpyShelter o_O

5. Gobbler

Gobbler Registered Member

You had hit the nail right on the head Sully, I have been using SpyShelter and the issue became apparent just after I enabled on screen virtual keyboard for it, just unchecked the option for the on screen virtual keyboard and osklauncher.exe is no more there.:D

Thx people, problem solved.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.