What is IRC/Spyworm.B.trojan?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Prof. Yaffle, Nov 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prof. Yaffle

Prof. Yaffle Registered Member

Hi guys.

I've just been browsing the forums at www.thedvdforums.com and one of the threads pops up this -

http://www.karl.tracey.dsl.pipex.com/virus.jpg

What's strange is that it only appears if I view the page in Internet Explorer. If I view it in Firefox I get nothing.

I've posted a report there and the mods have had a look at the pages code and can't find anything out of the ordinary. I've googled for that virus and can't find much so I'm just wondering if anyone knows what IRC/Spyworm.B.trojan is?

TIA

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

This was detected by Nod32 in 2003

NOD32 - v.1.559 (20031119)
    IRC/Spyworm.B

Cheers :D

3. Prof. Yaffle

Prof. Yaffle Registered Member

Thanks Blackspear. Out of interest do you know what it does? I think it's a false positive but can't find out anywhere what it's supposed to do.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I suggest you make sure you have the latest version of the program 2.12.3 installed and all programs are set to higher efficiency mode in the HTTP scanner setup (in IMON setup) as Blacskpear pointed out here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509 coz IMON was supposed to intercept it before AMON had done so.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.