What is beta products?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by WestEnd, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WestEnd

WestEnd Registered Member

Hi,
    I am just trying to figure out what AV program to get for our small office, so I have spent some time here reading what you guys say about some of them.
    I was reading this post; https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=149185
    and am wondering what beta products are? Sorry for my ignorence.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. WestEnd

WestEnd Registered Member

Thanks for the link. Can someone just verify if all free trial versions on the market is beta products, or will it clearly state it if it was?

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Not all free versions are beta products. Some are free and finished. Most products that are beta's state that fact somewhere to make it clear to users.
    The best thing to do is read the information carefully before using.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Free trials are usually either a water down free version, but more likely a fully functional version you can use for a limited time. This is released commercial software, that has been tested and deemed ready for sale to the public.

Beta software is in the development stage, and beta testers run it to help find bugs and see if features work as they are supposed to.

Don't ever run software designated as beta unless you are equiped to deal with disaster recovery.

Pete

6. ggf31416

ggf31416 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.