what is _instLSB.exe

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by TraCKs, Aug 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TraCKs

TraCKs Registered Member

Im new so i hope im posting in the right area! if not! sorry, ok ive noticed just recently in ZA and PG that theres a new program > _instLSB.exe thats showing up in both programs and for the life of me, i cant find out what it is. Can anyone shed light on it..Thankyou heaps... :)

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, TraCKs

If you Google _instLSB.exe it goes a German [de] WinXP Software Web site, of which I can not understand.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. TraCKs

TraCKs Registered Member

Yes ive noticed that! weird hey!

4. TheQuest

Hi, TraCKs

Very!, Have you install anything of that name, do a search of your system for it, sorry I can not be of more help.

Take Care,

5. TraCKs

TraCKs Registered Member

its in the prefetch folder i have a idea it might have something to do with a antispyware or trojan program! . ive scanned with adaware/ S&D/Ewido/pest patrol/ you name ive used it.. thinking that if it was a nasty 1 of them would of picked it up :p , i just hate seeing a program that i hadnt seemed to of noticed before, and especially this cause it has a underscore at the beginning od its name....

6. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

Older versions of InstallShield installer use a filename similar to that format _instXXX.exe. It could be a different installer, but I would say its a temp file that has got there from running an installer in Learning Mode. You should remove these from the protection and security lists

If you can't find the file on your machine, then thats almost certainly the reason :)

7. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Prefetch folder ? that would be the .PF version which is not actually of any use at all... Windows created the .PF one when you ran the installer file :)

8. TraCKs

TraCKs Registered Member

yes gavin it was a temp file... would it be ok to remove it from prefetch folder as well... :) when i checked it out in the prefetch folder it was _instLSB.exe-346ABB47.pf

oops thanks mate i posted this before i seen ur above post... :p

9. kenw

kenw Registered Member

Don't be concerned with the Prefetch folder. Prefetch does it's thing about every 3 days. (unless you run something like SETI)

10. TraCKs

TraCKs Registered Member

im sure ken, in another forum i seen advice given to someone about deleting everything in there prefetch folder! in relation to another problem, would that of been right? Or could that cause havock.

11. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

it wont cause havoc, people just think its improves performance.

12. TheQuest

Hi, TraCKs

CCleaner will clean old not need Prefetch files for you along with other rubbish. [on each restart if set to].
    CCleaner

Take Care,

13. TraCKs

TraCKs Registered Member

You know TheQuest, that ive got CCleaner but i didnt have it set to run on each restart, but i now changed it to run on each restart...Hey id like to thank all you ppl for helping me solve this prob! its great when ppl help each other.... :)

14. TheQuest

Hi, TraCKs

Glad to see alls fine now, Mate :D , [Mate having now been made official way to address someone in Australia]

Take Care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.