what if RAM is repaired??

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by subratam, Jan 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subratam

subratam Registered Member

if a RAM comes back home repaired... do the problems that was being faced goz away?? or it comes into surface within seconds....
    i am using win98se now but i do get some probz like machine restarting often hanging blu screen error... i think i shud go for a complete check of my hardware...
    just chkin with yall... softwares can b installed but cant b run smoothly.. etc and its like i am strugglin but goin on
    :D

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Subratam,

If you are able to do so, my advice would be to carry your PC to the shop and let the folks at the shop put in the RAM and test it.
    Of course, putting in new RAM is not very difficult.
    But all kind of things could cause troubles, in particular with an older system.
    To give an example: some months ago I strongly adviced friends of mine to get more RAM on their very old PC (233 mghz) (hmmm, I more or less forced them to it .... :oops: ).
    At that moment there was only 32 RAM in it.
    We took the PC to the shop (I know that shop very well; the PC was there bought).
    They put ïn RAM from their own to see how it worked: everything fine.
    Then they put in the same RAM that they have for selling: no luck, it didn't work.....
    They had to try several pieces of the same RAM until it worked, and then we bought it.
    Doing it this way, it was their responcibility to get it working and not ours.

I hope this helps you a little bit.

3. subratam

subratam Registered Member

i agree to u Fan... actually it was their duty to REPLACE the RAM but dunno if thats wat they did....
    will surely b callin them home.. for chk up and i agree its their DUTY to get it all workin again... as it was in within warranty period too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.