What extra realtime security with KIS?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by acr1965, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I am trialing KIS and am impressed except for the keylogger warning that does not give much info and only to allow/deny. Does KIS find and remove keyloggers during scans?

Does anyone using KIS use additional realtime security programs? I have Online Armor 2 and may try that without the OA2 firewall. If anyone else uses this combo or has used it in the past please let me know how it worked out.

I have SAS and AVS AS to run on demand, so that helps some. But I am looking for a realtime anti-keylogger program. If OA2 does not conflict (the KAV PDM conflict is fixed now) I may just go that route unless someone has other sugestions. I was using Snoopfree but the lack of updates kinda turned me off to that program. And the recent false positive in Comodo BOclean caused me to uninstall that program. (I know, picky!)

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hello acr1965,
    kis7.0 will be out in a few weeks which has a dedicated rootkit scanner and new heristics module.
    the advanced disenfection technology is also improved and can remove even hard to remove malware without a reboot.
    7.0.0.119 is kis7.0 technical realease.
    which means its no longer beta and safe to use.
    you can download it from the kaspersky ftp server.
    http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=11188
    read the number 3.
    it tells you the username and password of the ftp server.
    you will want to download
    7.0.0.119TR
    lodore

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

"7.0.0.119 is kis7.0 technical realease.
    which means its no longer beta and safe to use"

Is this the same as a RC?

4. besafe

besafe Registered Member

Snoop Free Privacy Shield is a great anti keylogger and extremely light on system resources and easy to use.

Running OA2 with KIS seems like overkill. I would think that KIS and OA2 might conflict in their active protections, but I am not sure. NOD32 and OA do not conflict as I have run them together previously.

5. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Not really. Think of it as a preview release of final. As long as additional (and significant) problems are not found, this will be the final release at the defined version level (7.0.0 here)

Blue

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Thank you.

7. tayres

tayres Guest

This post recommends adding Process Guard for more complete program execution control. The thread is from about a month ago.

8. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

As I dislike (and dont use) the PDM, I install Prevx alongside Kaspersky.

If you do use the PDM though, then KIS would be fine by itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.