What exactly are Trojans

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by AnthonyG, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

I know this is definitely a stupid question, but what exactly are trojans, what do they do and why should i fear them.

I have Mcafee Enterprise 8 installed, which i chose largely because i have been told is much more effective than norton at dealing with Trojans, worms and backdoors, i thought great i should get this, but i havent a clue what Worms backdoors and more importantly trojans are. I also have a2 and trojen Hunter installed, as i have been advised to do so, but i do not know what it is helping with.

i have searched them all on yahoo but i couldnt seem to follow the information i got, all they seem to like to say for trojans is they are named after the battle of Troy where a wooden horse was built which tricked the trojans.

But other than that i cant seem to follow the full description of them as it gets too technical.

So can either someone please explain in lamens terms what they are, or could you provide a link to a web page designed for idiots like myself which are good at describing trojans, worms etc in simple lamens terms.

Thanks, and sorry for the stupid question

Thank you

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.