What DVD-Rom Drive For Reading Disks with CRC problems

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AnthonyG, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could possibly recommend a DVD-Rom or DVD-RW drive which is really good at reading DVD disks with Cyclic Redundancy Check problems. As when i try to read or scan a disk it freezes at this position. But my standalone has no problems.

I know DVD-Roms and standalones are different but i was hoping maybe there is a drive that can read disks with these CRC problems.

thanks
    Anthony

2. Arup

Arup Guest

Liteon is pretty good at that, they are also OEM to SONY so you can get either.

3. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

What is the make and model of the DVD drive that you are trying to use? Perhaps all it needs is a firmware upgrade.

When shopping for DVD ROM/Burners it is best to stick with companies that publish firmware upgrades.

Plextor, Pioneer, and Sony are good examples. I once had a music CD that could not be read by my Plextor drive. I used my friends copy of the same CD and it worked. I thought that my CD was bad and I was going to return it. Ironically, Plextor came out with an firmware update that week that fixed the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.