What does this Kerio 2.x pop up notification mean

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Slovak, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

What does this mean, I keep getting it in Kerio 2
    25/Jan/2005 21:03:38 DNS Alert (Log, Alert) blocked; Out TCP; localhost:1583->homeportal.gateway.2wire.net [xxx.xx.x.x:53]; Owner: C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\SERVICES.EXE  25/Jan/2005 21:03:38 DNS Alert (Log, Alert) blocked; Out TCP; localhost:1583->homeportal.gateway.2wire.net [xxx.xx.x.x:53]; Owner: C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\SERVICES.EXE
    Is this something to be concerned about? Should I keep it blocked or allow it? The pop ups telling me this are rather annoying.
    From what I understand win2k needs services.exe to have net access, right? If so how do I allow?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  2. BlitzenZeus

BlitzenZeus Security Expert

Someone didn't read the instructions, go over the dns, and router information again.

3. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

So you are saying to check both the primary and secondary dns boxes to activate the rules, and then edit them and insert my providers primary and secondary dns addresses in place of the remote address where the x's are in my first post of this thread, but leave the port as 53?
    Sorry, but I am pretty lame when it comes to firewalls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.