What does RSS 2011 do at startup?

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by RoamMaster, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoamMaster

RoamMaster Registered Member

I've been using RVS 2010 without upgrades until three days ago. I went ahead and uninstalled and moved up to RSS 2011. RVS 2010 used to load almost instantly, but 2011 takes in excess of a minute. It also prevents Sandboxie from loading for an equal amount of time. I have the virus guard disabled, so I can't figure out why it hangs for so long.
    I'm thinking it may be the anti-executable, but I don't see anywhere to shut that off(I had it disabled on 2010).

My cpu usage while it hangs is about %2, so it's not due to lack of resources. And it isn't file fragmentation, as I use an ssd. I have Virtual Mode set to ram only(0% of disk). Ram usage is under %15 at boot.

System is a 2.5ghz core 2 duo with 2gb of ram on 32-bit XP.
  2. philby

philby Registered Member

See 'Settings' section in chapter 5 here.

Anything in Event Viewer?
  3. RoamMaster

RoamMaster Registered Member

Ah, it's the "allow programs to run normally" option. I set 2010 so long ago I was thinking it specified the anti-executable more directly.

I plugged an additional HDD into my case dock and it completely freaked out. Only way I could even get it to boot any more was to go into my other OS and delete Retunil's folders in Docs & Settings.

I just uninstalled and "downgraded" to 2010. 2010 always served me well. I just wanted to see about 2011 because of the promised ssd wear leveling feature.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.