What does "Archive computer .closed" mean?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bornconfuzd, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bornconfuzd

bornconfuzd Guest

Hi All,

All of a sudden the logs for my scheduled backups are showing a new entry as follows, "Archive computer .closed".

This entry will be repeated from as few as a half dozen times to as many as a couple of dozen times, (I counted 23 in one log).

This entry never appeared in my TI 10 logs, as far as I can remember, and did not appear in my TI 11 logs until a few days ago.

It does not appear in logs for a regular backup, only in scheduled backup logs.

I have no idea what I've done or changed that could have precipitated this, or even if it's something I should worry about.

I would like to know what it means in any case.

Can anyone enlighten me?

I've attached one of my "scheduled backup" logs.

I'm editing to add:
    TI 11 8.053
    Windows Vista Ultimate

Sorry 'bout dat!

Thanks, Larry

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2008
  2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I note from your log, that you have backup rules enabled.

According to the log, your backup location has exceeded your permitted number of files. When this happens, TI opens all the existing images, and combines them into 1 master image, closes the archives it has opened and then makes an incremental or whatever the task is.

I think this accounts for your 'archive.closed' reports.

Colin

3. bornconfuzd

bornconfuzd Guest

Hi Bodgy,

Thanks for your reply.

I see what you're saying and that would account for it, but I have always had the same rule,(3 backups), and I've always done full backups only.

Nothing has changed in that regard, so I don't understand what might have changed that would have invoked this new log entry in just the last few backups. Also, with doing only full backups, how would TI combine them into 1 master entry?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bornconfuzd,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that bodgy is correct - that log entry is normal. It was added in the build 8053 of Acronis True Image 11 Home.

As for backup location management when creating only full backups, in that case the oldest backups will be simply deleted when the location exceedes its limits.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. bornconfuzd

bornconfuzd Guest

Hi Marat,

Thank you for your reply!

Sorry, I don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but may I inquire about the volume of the same entry? Is it normal to have anywhere between 6 and 23 instances of this same entry in one log? And why does one log have 6 instances and the next maybe 10 or 23?

Is the reason this entry does not show up in a "standalone" backup, I mean by that, a not scheduled backup, that it doesn't have to abide by the "backup places" rules?

As always, thanks for all the help received on this forum!

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

The "Archive computer closed" messages are normal when only doing full backups?

closed

7. bornconfuzd

bornconfuzd Guest

Hello Marat,

I know you're busy, but was hoping you would find the time to address the last two posts in this thread.

Would really appreciate it if you could. :)

8. bornconfuzd

bornconfuzd Guest

Just thought I'd give it one more try for further clarification from Marat, or anyone from Acronis. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.