What does Acronis True Image do when Restoring ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Photographer97, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,
    I have two Questions about Acronis true image enterprise server 8

1.When I want to restore an image by using Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8 from DOS Not from Windows ,It doesn't tell me which kind of format i want to make (Quick Format or not ) . So does it make a quick format to a partition before restoring ?
    if it doesn't , Should i make a quick format to that partition before restoring by acronis true image?

2.Which is better to make an image to a CD/DVD OR to Another Partitoin ? , which is quicker ? and which is better? , because I heard that alot of restoring from another partiotion causes problems to Harddisk and makes Harddisk slow ,while From CD there is no probs ? Is that Right Or Wrong ?

Thx,
    Photographer97

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Photographer97,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image Enterprise Server (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATIES/).

When you restore the image you don't need to prepare your destination drive in any way. Acronis True Image Enterprise Server deletes the current partitions and creates new instead.

When you store the image on your hard drive it can be unavailable if your drive fails. Also if it is the image of the whole disk you won't be able to restore it to the disk where this image is stored.

On the other hand, if you split the image file over several CDs (or DVDs) and loose one of them somehow you won't be able to restore the image.

The image creation and restoration is usually a little bit faster when you deal with hard disks. However it doen't influence the performance of the restored system, particularly of the hard disk.

If you have further questions concerning Acronis software please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.