What are we doing here?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by wings, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wings

wings Registered Member

I've been on this site many times and the more I visit it it, the more I'm asking myself what the hell I'm doing here. All those programs that protect you, none of which come even close to descent protection. Quite often they're just crap in other areas; crashes, cause conflicts, slow down your system, etc.

I'm fed up with it. I don't understand why most of you aren't. I see many coming back, over and over with hundreds of posts and I'm asking myself; don't they ever get tired with this? o_O

I don't know about you guys, but I will move all internet related stuff to a seperate PC with Linux or a Vmware Linux session.
    No, it won't be a 100% secure solution either, but a lot more reliable and secure than running all that crap ware one your PC that's eating memory and processor time and slows down your PC boot times.

Do yourself a favor and make a serious and complete list of everthing that is either a security or privacy risk on your system...

The fact that this board has so many regular visitors already says enough or not? It could just be their hobby of course.

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

One "wings" is enough at Wilders. ;)

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

this being a security forum, id expect people to use discuss and use security software. for some it may be a hobby but for all security is (or should be) a necessity.

if a person need suggestions or help with security, u cant just recommend linux. it is not realistic to expect people to use an alternate OS just to not worry (as much) about security. in fact, an alternate OS should not be the answer to any user having problems with their current one. we should all try our best to help others solve their problems by taking steps to troubleshoot.

4. TNT

TNT Registered Member

I don't see what using Linux or any other OS has to do with being on this forum or not. Is it implied somewhere that this forum is only for Windows users? :cautious:

5. Notok

Notok Registered Member

To focus solely on some apps is to miss the whole point. If you don't see the point, it's unlikely that any amount of explanation will suffice.

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Each of us has the option of visiting this site or not. If it is not what one wants then go elsewhere. Ranting and raving doesn't sway anyone.

Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.