What Antivirus are you using now?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by dja2k, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Anything with the KAV engine is good though some use more resources than others. Bitdefender and Nod32 are good as well. Nod32 being the lightest of all three and version 3 is on the way. Bitdefender probably being better when version 10 comes out because of the annoying method of update and having to restart. You have probably seen all the threads here where KAV is compared to NOD32 and how each of the posters have their own opinions of each, so I won't say one is better than the other. Previously I just said KAV is one of the best and maybe the best, which is IMO.

dja2k

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

nod32 and kaspersky are both great no doubt about that IMO.

f-secure isnt very light. so as I said I will probaly replace it soon kaspersky is near the top of my list.

scan only new and changed files in kav is great i have trialed it on my old pc and kav 6.0 is a great piece of kit. i dont think i would get kis thou i dont like antihacker that much. the only thing kaspersky lacks is good heristics and they getting that later this year lol

Last edited: Aug 13, 2006
  3. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    As of now I am using the CA eTrust EZ anti-virus. The updates is fast, and it has only a real-time protection, email scanner and on-demand manual scanner. Unlike before that I am using Avast Home, it has "everything" and none of the other free antivirus can match the feature lists of Avast Home, it is an armory of protection that you can trust. But since my RAM is 256MB only then I just have to try others and eTrust I think is more lighter than Avast in terms of RAM consumptions. :cool: ;)

After the trials expires in my eTrust (1yr) then if I still couldn't found any that match the caliber of Avast Home then I'll re-install Avast again on my machine..:D :thumb:

4. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

I already posted in this thread that I am using NOD32 and KAV but when it's time to renew my license in March for KAV I may have to look else where, their customer support is very poor.
    This isnt the first time, this is my 3rd and most definitley last time I will deal with this nonsense.
    Too bad their customer support isnt as good as their product.

5. q1aqza

q1aqza Registered Member

Using KAV6 on my main desktop PC, NOD32 on my laptop.

But when they both expire I'm probably going to just use AntiVir free. I have been testing it recently and I'm very impressed with how light and fast it runs.

6. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

Ubuntu, lol

I installed the U a couple of weeks ago dual-booting with XP and I only get online on the Linux side. Only using the built-in iptables firewall with the Firestarter GUI.

On the windows side, which I now only get online to do updates and such, I was using TM 2007 Beta but it had gotten buggy and was awaiting the new download they promised. I took it off and put Avast! on it just to have something for XP.

7. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

Currently Antivir free but I had a tough time deciding between the 3 free AVs simply because each has its benefits: AVG is light, Avast has lots of layers, and Antivir is also light. Although Antivir tends to have false positives, it's still got the best detection of a free AV.

8. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

changed over to antivir now with dr.web cureit and mwav as backup scanners for once in a blue moon. slowly trying to transition to no anti stuff :eek:

Alphalutra1

9. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

From antivir premium >avg 7.1 plus firewall edition (firewall module not installed)Pretty much contented at present.
    ellison

10. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

kav5,not too keen on 6 in its present form a few too many minor niggles,and Nod32(on dif machines!)both combined with some common sense(most important AV of all!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.