What about software upgrades?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by scirious, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scirious

scirious Registered Member

Hi, people, this is my first post to the forum. I've read a lot but some doubts still remains. I've tried KIS6 and NOD32 2.7 recently and I liked both, but I still can't decide which one I will pick up. I've tested their scans and cleanups. On a full system scan both anti virus found one virus on my system. However, NOD wasn't able to remove it but KAV was. On the other side, KAV took 4 more minutes to scan than NOD. Actually, it isn't a big deal and I'm not able to make a decision.

So, here comes the question. If I buy a version from one of them and there is an new version release while I still have the license to use the version I bought, would any of them allow me to upgrade to the new version? I mean, not only update, but use the new version till the end or renew of my license?

TIA,
    Scirious.

2. plantextract

plantextract Registered Member

yes, software updates are free as long as your license is valid.

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I think now everyone offers free upgrade to the latest version (2006, 2007, etc.) except Panda and maybe Ashampoo. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.