Webroot SecureAnywhere PUBLIC Beta

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by PrevxHelp, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

As you already know by being a beta tester, this software is still currently in beta. I wouldn't advise using it against infected machines that maybe brought to your shop. I certainly wouldn't use beta security software to clean up infected systems in this manner.

Allowing the product to quarantine items is a good idea. If by any chance the quarantined item is a false positive, it can be recovered from there and reported.

2. joeblow789

joeblow789 Registered Member

WSA 8.0.0.38 still hangs on system shutdown on XP Pro SP3, it must be forcefully end-tasked. Also running Online Armor 4.5.0.234 & Avira Antivir Personal 9.0.0.429 if that matters.

3. Wammes

Wammes Registered Member

I have a simple shutdown script like:
    SHUTDOWN -s -t 5
    and that works, however when I use the "shutdown when finished" on acronis backup, the 80015 still hangs. Have to see how it goes with the 80038 :doubt:

edit: xp pro sp3

4. Geri

Geri Registered Member

Hi Joe,

Is there any indication when the EverQuest fix will be in (alphanumeric keys not working unless WRSA is shut down completely)? Webroot support has been able to reproduce the problem a month ago and said they'd have a fix in one of the upcoming versions. The problem still exists in the .38 build.

Kind regards,

Geri

5. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I've been having the same problem.

6. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I believe a full license for 90 days!

7. Rivalen

Rivalen Registered Member

:D :D :D

8. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Since there's been no actual announcement about licensing terms, I think it's premature for anyone to make such statements in here, and I speak as both a beta tester and a Prevx licence holder who hasn't been informed of any possible changes yet. Even if I had, I wouldn't be broadcasting such information. I'd leave that to PrevxHelp or another member of the company to do. :)

9. pling_man

pling_man Registered Member

I've gone back to prevx 3.0 as I didn't want to "lose" any more of my licence time with it. But I'm reading all the feedback here to see what has happened with WSA/Prevx 4/Prevx 8.

The only issues I had with the beta were (1) I didn't like the name or GUI, (2) you could do two scans at once :)wacko: ), and (3) it stopped google searches from working/completing. I logged the latter with support but never got a reply so perhaps it is not fixed yet.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  10. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Updated to v8.0.0.40

11. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

For #2 - this is intentional. I've run 20 scans at once before stopping trying to start more :)

#3 - could you let me know what other security products you're using to see if that's the source of the incompatibility?

Thanks!

12. pling_man

pling_man Registered Member

My products are in my signature. The only real-time application is KIS2011 (I am now on KIS2012).

Support got me to download a program which sent them a very detailed report of what is on my computer, but after I sent them this I never heared a whisper from them. They will still have this.

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product when it is released, but want to use prevx 3 for now.

13. pegr

pegr Registered Member

The problem with Windows XP hanging on shutdown/restart is still present with the latest build 8.0.0.40.

14. PrevxHelp

Could you let me know if it happens again (after rebooting once to fully upgrade, and then once more to see if it still happens?)

If it still happens, could you try shutting down WSA before shutting down the OS to see if that improves the shutdown speed?

Thanks!

15. ParaNodes

ParaNodes Registered Member

Auto-update to 8.0.0.40

XP hp sp3 fully patched, winpatrol plus
    Hang on shut down(intermittent)
    Lock icon remains until several sites/tabs are clicked on FF 7.0.1
    IE8 seems fine
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W7 pro sp1 x64, Avast
    All seems to be working smoothly except no check mark in google or Bing searches on IE9, FF7.0.1
    Lock icon seems erratic on IE9
    note: google search has worked fine the last few builds except for check mark on W7.

Edit to confirm Identity shield prevents Avast script shield from working

HTH

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  16. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Yes, it is still happening even after multiple reboots. The system completely freezes at the "Windows is shutting down..." screen and has to be physically powered off and on again in order to complete a restart. Shutting down WSA first makes no difference. The problem only ceases to occur after WSA has been uninstalled.

Each time this happens, a warning entry is written to the Windows XP application event log even though I am using the default Administrator user account. Here is an example: -

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: Userenv
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1517
    Date: 03/10/2011
    Time: 19:00:40
    User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: MY-COMPUTER
    Description:
    Windows saved user MY-COMPUTER\Administrator registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.
    This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

17. gold2007

gold2007 Registered Member

18. PrevxHelp

Thanks for the link :thumb:

We've finished the beta program now and received Editors' Choice from PC Magazine: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=309092

As we make further releases, we're still going to keep beta users updated more frequently than our live users. I'll start creating new threads for each new build that we release. I know not everything has been fixed yet but we're getting close!

Thank you again for all of the help during the beta program. It has been quite exciting and it has helped us build a new security platform which should revolutionize the industry. :thumb:

I'll close this thread for now since we're past the beta phase. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.