"Web Shield: Not Active" ?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by EditorSEM, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EditorSEM

EditorSEM Registered Member

So I got this alert yesterday...big red exclamation point in the system tray and when I open AVG, it says that Web Shield is not active. Here's the thing--when I open that component, Enable Web Shield is checked! So if it's checked, why isn't it active? And how do I reactivate it? o_O Thanks!

2. EditorSEM

EditorSEM Registered Member

Aaaaand...nevermind. Rebooted because my system was getting laggy, and it's active again as it should be.

Although as soon as I logged back on, I got one of those Microsoft error report generated things on avgnsx.exe..."encountered a problem and needed to close". Oy.

3. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Additionally, take a look at this topic (if you're patient enough to read it :D). It may help.

4. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

I had exactly the same experience as EditorSEM yesterday (March 31, 200:cool:.

I had the same warning and the full protection was only restored after I had run CHKDSK. I run CHKDSK at least weekly and after installing or removing new software, so the problem may be with AVG Internet Security 8.0.

5. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

I had exactly the same experience as EditorSEM yesterday March 31, 2008.

I had the same warning and the full protection was only restored after I had run CHKDSK. I run CHKDSK at least weekly and after installing or removing new software, so the problem may be with AVG Internet Security 8.0.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.