Watching Amazon Prime Movies with Firefox

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TheKid7, Dec 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I recently did a hardware upgrade with an Operating System clean install on one of my PC's.

CPU: Intel Core i5
    RAM: 8 GB
    On-Board Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4600

The newly upgraded PC seems to be very stable with only one problem being encountered:

Firefox 26.0: There are periodic brief pauses when watching Amazon Prime Videos. This seems to happen once every few seconds and only lasts for a fraction of a second.

So far I have done the following with the problem still being unresolved:

1. Updated to the latest version of the Adobe Flash player for Firefox.
    2. Installed Microsoft SilverLight X64.
    3. Streamed several YouTube HD videos with No Pauses detected.
    4. Watched several Amazon Prime videos in Internet Explorer 11 with No Pauses detected.

I have made many searches on the web to try to resolve this issue. Does anyone have any tips/suggestions on what to try next to resolve this issue?

Thanks in Advance.

2. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

3. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

I watch Amazon Prime regularly on Firefox and I have not experienced the problem you are describing. It maybe that one of your extensions might be interfereing with Amazon Prime. Have you tried disabling all your extensions and add-ons to see if it solves your problem?

Other thing I can mention is to check and see if you are using Firefox with default setting, I mean you have not modified any settings in the about:config

By the way, by default, Amazon Prime streams with Silverlight, so updating adobe flash or watching videos on youtube should have no bearing to your problem.

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

TheKid7, also try disabling Hardware Acceleration to see if it makes a difference.

Options > Advanced > General Tab> Uncheck Use Hardware Acceleration When Available. Restart browser.

5. TheKid7

Thank you.

I tried disabling the Hardware Acceleration in Firefox, and the problem was still there and may be a little worse without hardware acceleration.

6. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Disable all addons and test. If everything works as it should enable addons one at a time until it doesnt work. Disable the last thing you enabled.

7. TheKid7

Thanks.

The information in the second link seems to have helps some. I added the two website entries to the Adobe Flash Player storage limit and increased the storage limit to 1 MB for each website entry. I again increased the Adobe Flash Player storage limit to 10 MB for each website entry, but I saw not significant improvement in performance over 1 MB. I decided to leave the storage limit at 10 MB for each website entry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.