WARNING - buying at Microcenter means higher renewal fees!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by blagh, Jul 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blagh

blagh Registered Member

I was a bit surprised to discover that it cost me $5.00 over list price to renew the license that I bought last year, just because I had bought it at Microcenter.

I purchased my initial 3-user license for ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 at Microcenter in the summer of 2010. I have been extremely happy with the product.

In the last few weeks, I started receiving indicators that my license was expiring and that I needed to renew it. I went to ESET's renewal page, noted the one-year renewal price of $44.99 and started the renewal process by entering my username a email address. I then ended up at a Microcenter branded page to renew and was quoted a one-year renewal price of $49.99. I played around at the ESET site and could find no way to renew at ESET for the lower price.

Now, I am really bummed that I bought my initial license at Microcenter. It appears that I have to pay whatever price Microcenter wants to charge for renewals, in perpetuity.

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

should have bought the renewal from a reseller then... ;) You can renew from a reseller and request that your license be transferred to that reseller. Microcenter is just a box seller - you shouldn't expect too much from any box seller in my experience.

What I suspect though, is that $49.99 is the old price, before the price changed - it sounds like the Microcenter branded renewal page hasn't been updated with the new prices.

3. blagh

blagh Registered Member

How do I transfer my license?

Interesting. Can you explain how I make this request to transfer my license?

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Re: How do I transfer my license?

When you purchase from a reseller in your area - you can send an email to the reseller - and ask them to have ESET transfer your purchase history to that reseller. They then forward that email to their account manager, and then you will be "tagged" to that reseller.

Reseller-A is not able to get information from ESET about Reseller-B's customers (nor should they be able to) - and we are also not able to get easy access to license information from ESET about customers who did not buy from us, but bought direct. This fixes that problem if you want to deal with a reseller instead of ESET direct (which might suit some - but not others).

I hope this clarifies somewhat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.