Waiting (too long) for response!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by The Shadow, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Shadow

The Shadow Registered Member

Hey guys,

Lately I'm experiencing a very long wait for some often used url's (favorites) in IE9. One such url is for the Regal Movie Theaters....

http://www.regmovies.com/

Would someone please try the website in their browser so that I can determine if the problem I'm experiencing is the website or my IE9?

TS

2. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

Its the website, its very slow.

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

what is too long? It took few seconds to display that link and subsequent links. Using FF so maybe the site issue (or the active element they use)

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yeah, when I clicked that link in Chrome, it took forever for the page to load (5-10 seconds or more). It's the site...

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yes indeed :thumb:

6. Wild Hunter

Wild Hunter Former Poster

Loaded normally here with IE9 (4-6 seconds, 6 seconds first attempt, 4 seconds second attempt).

7. The Shadow

Thanks guys.

That url (as well as a couple other favorites of mine) take anywhere from 5 to 20 seconds to respond, sometimes even timing-out, so I was starting to suspect IE9. I even tried disabling my IE9 addons, but that didn't help the situation! :doubt:

TS

8. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

6 seconds is normal? Jesus..

I get EXTREMELY annoyed if I have to wait more than 1 second, and try to have load times of 0.50 or less. 4-6 seconds would seem like an eternity.

9. The Shadow

Yeah, sometimes it will load that 'quickly' for me as well, but more often than not (especially with multiple IE9 tabs open) it can take 'forever'!

TS

10. Wendi

Wendi Registered Member

Hi TS,

While there's always going to be some problematic websites, I recently encountered similar problems with IE9 and slow internet browsing.

After trying the many potential remedies suggested by Wilders members I concluded that (in my case) IE9 had a problem. Since I couldn't identify the problem with IE9 I installed Google Chrome and while I am not enamored with the Chrome interface there is no question that it solved my slow browsing issue!

Wendi

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  11. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Holy Lord, it's the website Shadow. I almost gave up on it thinking it was down. I'm using CyberFox 18.01.

12. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

2 seconds with IE10, 10 seconds with Firefox stable, in my case (outside of the US).

13. Wild Hunter

Wild Hunter Former Poster

Normal for a heavy and slow site such as that one, lol.

BTW, after browsing that site a bit more, I experienced all the issues the OP is reporting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.