'Waiting for current operation to complete'

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bulldog356, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulldog356

bulldog356 Registered Member

I'm really trying to like TI 8 (build 791), but it hasn't been easy so far. I've been able to work through earlier problems I had with the program (by trial and error - the Help file is from TI 7 and the FAQ doesn't go beyond the basics), but this one has me stumped:

I created a full image of my system partition and then a scheduled incremental backup based on the full image. So far, so good. Next, I created a full image my 'files' partition (where I store all my documents, spreadsheets, etc.) I went through the wizard, which concluded with the message 'The image was successfully created.' I could even see the image's icon in Windows Explorer.

Now I go to create a scheduled incremental backup based on the full image of my 'files' partition. Here's where the problems start. On TI's main screen under Tasks there is an icon that says Current Operation. If I click on this icon, the left panel says something like 'Waiting for current operation to complete' and it's referring to the full image of my 'files' partition that I just created, only it's saying that the image hasn't been completed yet!

Needless to say, it was impossible to create a scheduled incremental backup of my 'files' partition. Finally, I got fed up and deleted the Current Operation icon (by right clicking and selecting Delete.) This deleted the Current Operation icon - and it also deleted the entire Details panel on the the left side of the main screen!

Restarting TI brought the Details panel back, but now I can't create any kind of image because TI is 'waiting for current operation to complete'!

Can you help me with this problem? Backup is critical to me, and if I can't make TI work I'll have to go back to Ghost.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bulldog356,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please do the following?

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "System Information File (*.NFO)";
    - Send the saved file to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Acronis Support Team will certainly help you to solve the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. bulldog356

How do I create a link to this thread?

4. Acronis Support

Hello bulldog356,

Just navigate to this thread and copy the full address string that is in your browser (usually on the top) and paste into the letter.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. bulldog356

Thanks. Last question: I have 11 days left in my trial of TI. Will Acronis tech support answer questions for users of its trialware?

6. herojig

herojig Registered Member

bulldog, they are pretty good at responding to this forum, but it seems its the same answer: send logs to support email. i tried once, but never got a reply, but our email is so messed up in this country it's hard to tell whose fault that was
    :blink:

7. como

como Registered Member

They helped me when I only had the trial, I was even given a link so I could extend the trial because of my problems

8. Acronis Support

Hello all,

Please note that Acronis Support Team will help all the customers: those who have full versions, trial versions and even those who haven't tried Acronis software but want to find the answer to his/her question in connection with our software.

If you do not get any reply from Acronis Support Team within 48 hours please send me a private message with the e-mail address from which you have contacted Acronis Support and your Acronis request # which was sent to you as an autoreply. I will find out the reason for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.