VMware Server could not open ATI Echo created Virtual Machine

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Virtualizer, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Virtualizer

Virtualizer Registered Member

Hi, I have a problem using the ATI Echo Server feature to create virtual machines.

I have converted serveral images (from IDE and from SATA drives) to a VMware Virtual Machine with ATI Echo Server. Both virtual machines couldn´t be opened with the VMware Server 1.0.4. Error message "Invalid virtual machine".

It´s the brand new ATI Echo Server CD, fresh downloaded VMware Server (free product). Do I need some additional Patches? Are there anywhere a step-by-step manual how to create and work with ATI Echo Server created virtual machines?

Thanks & Regards
    Torsten (and maybe I have to configure VMware Server to use that machine in a special way?)

2. Virtualizer

Info: I have set up a new VM with VMware Server now and deleted the vmdk-File. I copied the ATI Echo Server virtual machine in the folder of the new VMware virtual machine. Then I have to edit the 2 (from 3 files left) config files (to accept the "new" vitual machine). Now I can start the vm :) :)

It seems to work. I continue testing ...

But: VMware informs me at the first start of that vm, that it could come to problem with an IDE Disk VM to start as a SCSI VM. It runs, but why is that message given to me?

Thanks & Regards
    Torsten (now "playing" with the vm a little bit ;-)

3. Virtualizer

Finally I´m a little bit wondering about ATI Echo Servers feature, to create Virtual Machines. It runs, yes - but I thought that ATI is able to remove the VGA/NETWORK/SOUND driver to have a "real" VMware Server VM. I must intall the VMware Tools, I must remove the not used driver, ...

But, it runs now. My wishlist (see above) is now, that ATI would create the needed config files and presented them inside a folder (included the VM itself).

This Thread can now be closed :)
    Thanks & Regards
    Torsten (virtualize now the year 2007 ;-) Happy new year! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.