Visually impaired software

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Peaches4U, Nov 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

While on the hunt for software that can be used for someone who cannot use their hands & looking for voice recognition software, I was referred to software for visually impaired which is used by a teacher who has visually impaired students. I thought this might be of interest to some here.

here's a link to a site that has demos & free downloads. There is one program you can buy for $69.96.

http://www.readplease.com/index.php

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

[​IMG]

Karma cookie for you Peaches ! :)

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Thanks peaches :)

This will be a nice programme for my mother.

Snowbound

4. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

I found a much better one today but it is not free. It is called ViaVoice - $69.95 at Costco [in Canada] but $29.95 online which is I believe a U.S. $ price tag. It includes a headset microphone as well. This one allows you to email, do web navigations, use voice to create & manage, send & chat. Also to command & control via voice your desktop & PC applications with ViaVoice by just saying the command name to activate the menu options, lists, buttons, etc. You can dictate, edit, format & correct using Office XP, 2000, Outlook, IE., AOL, Messenger & Netscape. It also frees you from the keyboard & mouse for many applications.

www.ScanSoft.com/ViaVoice

Our friend with Lou Gehrig's Disease will be happy about this and if he can't afford it, we will make him a gift of it and purchase it. We emailed him today to see if this software will suit his needs as he now is barely able to use a mouse.

I truly hope this information will help others. Cheers & thanks for the cookies ... yummy!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.