Virus found on computer, hard time erasing it.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Main, Mar 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Main

Main Guest

My antivirus (Avast pro 4) keeps on finding alot of VBS Scripts on my computer, I don't know what scripts are.

Anyways, they are all found within my Documents/Settings/Temp/Local Files/Search folder.

I guess they are cookies that are being dl'ed by the computer.

This is like the 5th one and I had a hella time getting rid of it becuase it was attached to a program that I had running.

My trojan Catcher is pretty much suck becuase it never catches these scripts at all.

I need some advice on how to handle this.

I have

Avast pro 4
    The cleaner
    Zone alarm
    a program that sees what programs boot when you start the computer

2. Buddy,

If you are using WInXP or WIn ME, shut down system restore, and then run your av program.

I don't know what to say about Avast! Pro. I don't use it. I did trial it for a week, and it was okay, but I had some problems with it and the email scanner...

I probably would get a good computer cleaner program. I use Tracks Eraser Pro. That may help you..

Or go to www.pandasoftware.com and try their online virus scanner... I probably would just do the first thing first...

Hope that helps !!

3. vlk

vlk AV Expert

About the VBS and JS malware avast! 4 reports:

if they're being found in the temp folders, you usually got these files just by browsing on the Web. They are de facto harmless because they're not being executed (or at least not with sufficient access rights). In short, if you delete them - good for you; if you don't - never mind... ;) (of course, this does not apply to scripts outside of the temp folders).

Vlk

4. Main

Main Guest

They were being applied when I went to Ebay, Ebay dl's scripts into my computer.

They're harmless but it found alot of them, I put the settings on I.E to high and they don't dl them.

I fixed the problem, thanks guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.