Virus detected in Real Player install...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Access Denied, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

2. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

As far as I know it isn't a false positive. NOD is detecting weather bug, which is adware and not a virus,in the real player install. Disable the option to detect potentially dangerous applications on AMON and this won't be detected. Also where did you get the download? The Real Player download file should be RealPlayer10-5GOLD.exe not ReaPlayer10-5GOLD_bb.exe that you showed in your post.

3. Access Denied

Got it from the real.com site. I got it installed and it detected and removed the thing, now real player is working fine. I didn't notice the new weather bug crap until I had the install working with AMON disabled. My bad on the FP call. Thanks for clearing that up. :D

Regards,

Eliot

4. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

NP, that's the reason I don't use real player, I consider the entire app to be adware. Due to the extras it installs with your knowledge or consent.

5. jayt

jayt Registered Member

6. Access Denied

I have a subscription to some real content that only works on Real Player so I am kinda stuck with it until it expires. Also alot of the NFL content online requires it as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.