VirtualBox v4.0.0 Beta 1

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Az7, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Az7

Az7 Registered Member

Download...

2. Night_Raven

Night_Raven Registered Member

That's all well and good but I'm starting to think I'm not gonna live to see drag 'n' drop support.

3. erikloman

erikloman Developer

I agree. Drag & Drop is a must have!

4. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

It's one of the things that always kept me from using VirualBox in detriment of VMware. Some apps work as we wish them to work, others not really. (This latter sentence is regarding VirtualBox, and not any apps that I run inside VMs. lol)

5. Night_Raven

Night_Raven Registered Member

Well, the developers dont' seem to think drag 'n' drop is a must. It has been on their 'to do' list for years now and it doesn't look like they have any intention to ever implement it. I've seen stuff like: "we don't know how Virtual PC does this so we can do it", "it's not really worth our time as there is already the option to share files", "it's a potential security risk", etc. Lame excuses all the way.
    I don't like VirtualBox very much and I find it rather buggy, but in my case there really isn't an alternative. Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 doesn't support some features that I really need, best example would be snapshots. Windows Virtual PC only runs on Windows 7, and I'm using Windows XP. VMware Player is just so crippled in terms of saving/discarding changes after a session. No flexibility whatsoever. VMware Workstation and the Parallels' one cost money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.