Virtualbox isolated machine

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Mosqueperro, Mar 16, 2024.

1. Mosqueperro

Mosqueperro Registered Member

Good afternoon, im looking for the best option to create a machine that is as isolated as possible.
    It would need to have a network output, so I dont see disabling the network card as a viable option.

Im not planning to download any malware or strange programs, but im testing and i would like to find the most effective and isolated configuration possible. Although i am aware that being a VMs it will not be possible to isolate it 100%.
    Thanks.

2. Mosqueperro

¿Anybody could help me?

3. deugniet

deugniet Registered Member

4. Mosqueperro

Interesting, I didnt know about it. Im going to do some research to see what i could find about him.
    Thanks for your contribution.

5. Mosqueperro

From what Ive been researching, this option would be viable if Qubes OS was installed as the host system, but it doesnt make sense to do it in a virtual machine, or am i rigged? Thanks!

6. deugniet

deugniet Registered Member

7. Mosqueperro

8. Quassar

Quassar Registered Member

All its depend what you expect you can also use qubes or Whonix as some one mention above
    or make it/setup manual on any distro you like with KVM/Qemu/libvirt/virt-manager.

You can also use engine called svirt on Fedora which is used also in Red Hat
    https://access.redhat.com/documenta...tors_guide/chap-security-enhanced_linux-svirt

If you are bored with random glitch and bugs for using poor distro which every update make your system unstable and figure out what make you issue you can use special fork Fedora called Silverblue
    https://fedoraproject.org/atomic-desktops/silverblue/

or last less secure method use Dockers if you wanna save some space/resource power of computer. Not perfect but also not sux as using stand alone naked core system how most peoples does do every day.

-bump-
    There is also ParrotOS, Im always forget about this os.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.