Virtual System Pro BSOD

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Immediately after installing Returnil Virtual System Pro I received a BSOD each time after booting. The BSOD would occur as soon as the desktop appeared. This PC is running Vista 32bit. For more system info look at the screen shot. Where can i send the memory dump?

Attached Files:

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi,
    See your PM and let me know once the upload is completed.

Mike

3. Cutting_Edgetech

Ok, i sent it. I will PM you to make sure it was received.

4. Coldmoon

Hi,
    We have your upload with the minidumps and the MSINFO32 report, can you shoot over the rvs3 and rvs3-inst logs as well? Also, was there a MEMORY.DMP file in your Windows directory?

Mike

5. Cutting_Edgetech

I'm sorry, but i had already cleaned my system of all traces of RVS so i didn't have the rvs3 and rvs3-inst logs. There was no Memory.DMP file in the windows directory. I checked for the memory.DMP file before cleaning my system of RVS. I will try to use Recuva to see if i can restore the RVS3 deleted files. I don't have much to work with since this is my parents PC, and I don't have all my usual tools at my disposal.

6. Cutting_Edgetech

I was unable to recover the deleted RVS3 log files :(

7. Coldmoon

Ok - I will update the team and they may ask you to try and reproduce the blue screen at some point. If they need you to try it again, can you do that or will it be problematic?

Mike

8. Cutting_Edgetech

I can't try to reproduce the BSOD. I could not even boot the PC without getting a BSOD so that made it difficult to uninstall RVS the first time. This is my parents computer. If i was home i would have a backup image or access to a VM, but i don't have that here. That's not an option.

9. Coldmoon

Hi CE,
    The team has reported back after an analysis of the dump files you provided. The issue is not RVS related as the information is showing the problem originating from the PrevX Edge Pxrts.sys driver.

As a test, you can try the following:

1. Temporarily uninstall PrevX Edge
    2. Install RVS Pro 2011

Test for stability and verify that the Blue Screen no longer happens. At this point you may need to open a ticket with the PrevX support team to identify the root cause of the Pxrts.sys issue and get a fix. You can also investigate installation order:

Scenario 2:

1. Uninstall PrevX Edge
    2. Install RVS Pro 2011
    3. Reinstall PrevX Edge

Let me know the results.

Thanks
    Mike

10. Cutting_Edgetech

Mike, thanks for the response. I wish i could do as you ask, but i don't want to risk further damage to this PC since it is my parents. I don't have a backup image to fall back on, and working with limited resources at my disposal. Maybe I will be able to test this in the near future, but I can't at this time. Thank you for the support!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.